PDA

View Full Version : SQL for Unfearable Mobs 65+

Jibbatwinkers
09-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Hi other developers, Jibbatwinkers here from over at the Zebuxoruk server. Alot of the coding and development we do is pretty custom so I can't see much of it being of use. One of the great guides over at my server Validus/Lanik constructed this SQL query to help with the fear exploitation that goes on with alot of servers. He is pretty good at this stuff and I thank him very much.

This SQL query will:
Add MCND (Unmezable, Uncharmable, Unstunable, Unfearable) to all mobs 65+, feel free to modify it to whatever level you want.
This will not remove the special attacks that were there previously. First it removes all MCND or mcnd and then adds it, ensuring no duplicates.

I hope this helps, follow the instructions or your results will be very eradic. Make sure you backup your stuff first. We did it on 2 different DB's without any problems.

The following code removes existing M,C,N, or D tags (upper or lower) from all mobs 65 and above. Running these commands all at once makes only the last line take affect. You'll have to run them separately in order for them to all process.

Code:

UPDATE npc_types SET npcspecialattks=INSERT(npcspecialattks,INSTR(npcsp ecialattks,'M'),1,'') WHERE level>=65;
UPDATE npc_types SET npcspecialattks=INSERT(npcspecialattks,INSTR(npcsp ecialattks,'C'),1,'') WHERE level>=65;
UPDATE npc_types SET npcspecialattks=INSERT(npcspecialattks,INSTR(npcsp ecialattks,'N'),1,'') WHERE level>=65;
UPDATE npc_types SET npcspecialattks=INSERT(npcspecialattks,INSTR(npcsp ecialattks,'D'),1,'') WHERE level>=65;
UPDATE npc_types SET npcspecialattks=INSERT(npcspecialattks,INSTR(npcsp ecialattks,'m'),1,'') WHERE level>=65;
UPDATE npc_types SET npcspecialattks=INSERT(npcspecialattks,INSTR(npcsp ecialattks,'c'),1,'') WHERE level>=65;
UPDATE npc_types SET npcspecialattks=INSERT(npcspecialattks,INSTR(npcsp ecialattks,'n'),1,'') WHERE level>=65;
UPDATE npc_types SET npcspecialattks=INSERT(npcspecialattks,INSTR(npcsp ecialattks,'d'),1,'') WHERE level>=65;

And the following code is what adds back all four letter codes to make all npcs level 65 and above unMezable, unCharmable, unstuNable, and unfearable.

Code:

UPDATE npc_types SET npcspecialattks=UPPER(CONCAT(npcspecialattks,'MCND ')) WHERE level>=65;

After that last SQL has finished, all npcs 65+ should be unfearable.

jeffpuff
10-19-2006, 11:38 AM
First off thanks for sharing!

I used this information to make every mob in my database unfearable by adding a "D" as fear is currently the bane of me. The issue is this seems to only make the mob immune to "Fear". Yesterday I was able to cast "Fear2" and have reports of other fear line spells landing no problem, but when you cast just "Fear" you get the message "Target is immune to your spell"

Fear is way to easy to land and way to powerfull. I don't know if other servers have addressed this issue but a feared mob will just stand there and take a beating, with very little chance if any of resisting. The problem is equally as bad for PCs. I have had ourageous resists, but still ben able to be feared 90% of the time from mobs blue and lower.

I have tried to use open spell to adjust the resist rate with no luck. Can anyone lead me in the direction to just remove fear all together from a database/spell.us file?

Thanks.

GeorgeS
10-19-2006, 02:07 PM
One possibility is to remove the fear spell (scroll) entirely from ITEMS table, this way it won't be found in game

Just thinking

GeorgeS