PDA

View Full Version : What IP's Go Where?

Creylin
09-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Well, dispite my complete newbism, I think I'm getting close to having a private server using MiniLogin up and running. However, I'm having a problem.

It looks like the server is coming up, and my MiniLogin console is saying not only that they server is connecting, but also the client. I do get a TCPConnection::RecvData(): Connection timeout every now and then. That a worry?

Anyway, dispite the New client connection message on the MiniLogin console, whenever I get to my server select screen, I don't see any server's listed.

I don't know what's wrong, however, if I can keep all these IP's straight, I might be able to figure it out.

First, in the MiniLogin LoginServer.ini, there are 2 IP's to be set:
loginserver=<IP>
worldaddress=<IP>

Are both of these the router IP, or the machine IP (ifconfig)? I assumed router IP.

Secondly, in the eqemu_config.xml, there's 3 IP's to be set:
<address>IP</address>
<localaddress>IP</localaddress>

<loginserver>
<host>IP</host>
<port>5999</port>
</loginserver>

For address and host, I went router IP. For localaddress, I went machine IP.

Finally, there's the minilogin_ip you place in the accounts table. The MiniLogin setup said to use the IP that showed up on the console when the client connected, so I used the router IP since that's what was showing up.

Did I get those right? Could that be my problem or am I looking in the wrong place?

Any help would be appreciated, even if it's, "You moron! Didn't you see this post??!!" I did some searching, but I always seem to miss it when I'm sure I've looked everywhere. Same thing happens with the car keys and TV remote. Wife thinks I'm blind.

Thanks,
Crey

John Adams
09-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Try the WIKI - there are a few new "guides" up for Windows and Linux that might be helpful. I think the Linux guide is still a work in progress, but there are older ones that should still apply.

Creylin
10-01-2006, 12:43 AM
I was using the wiki's. They aren't very specific about which IP they are talking about (router or machine). I did find one guide where a guy said, "put the router IP here", but later I found a post where a guy used the machine's IP and that worked too. I'm just wondering if there's any way to do it that's obviously the right way and what way is obviously the wrong way. If I can do it the obviously right way that should work every time, then I can elliminate IP in the config files as my problem with the server not showing up in the server selection. Or maybe it doesn't matter which IP you use as long as you have them right. I don't know. Guess I should start looking for other reasons why it's not showing up.

Thanks for the reply. If you think of anything, let me know.

Thanks,
Crey

CrabClaw
10-01-2006, 06:09 AM
Try this ere' mate!

MiniLoginConfig (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=MiniLoginConfig)

Creylin
10-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Excellent. Just what I needed. Not sure how I missed that wiki (read a couple others though), but that one had just what I was looking for. The "if it wasn't obivous enough before, here it is using small words" version.

Thanks for pointing me to it.

Crey

CrabClaw
10-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Glad to help :)