PDA

View Full Version : Noob question -

EliteSting
10-12-2006, 08:00 PM
First off , I'd like to say thanks for any help I can get on this. I've looked through the wiki , and forums probably a dozen times. I've tried and retried everything that they have said to do with no success. I'm guessing that there's got to be either a step I'm missing , or my quest syntax is off , or a combination of the both. I appologise if this has been answerd already , but I just can't find it for the life of me. I'm good with everything else , but Perl and quest building is new to me. So please , be gentle. =)

Ok , here's what I've done. And this is what I'm looking for.

First off I created an NPC in PoK named Librarian Meeki. She's in the database , she spawns right where I want her to , so NPC placement is good.

Next I made a file called Librarian_Meeki.pl and add this to the file.

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~/Hail/i) { quest::say("I am... Oh that's not important right now, would you care to have your spells [scribed]?"); }
if ($text=~/scribed/i) { quest::scribespells($ulevel); }
}

After saving that , I placed the file in the C:/EqEmu/quests/poknowledge
folder on the server , and had the server rebooted just to make sure that everything was kosher.

I walk up to my new NPC and Hail her. She says nothing ... what am I doing wrong ? I want her to scribe spells for people up to thier current lvl , but I'm obviously missing something. Thanks again for any help in this matter.

Zard
10-13-2006, 03:42 AM
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~/Hail/i) { quest::say("I am... Oh that's not important right now, would you care to have your spells [scribed]?"); }
if ($text=~/scribed/i) { quest::scribespells($ulevel); }
}

Remove the $ulevel within the parenthesis and you should be fine. It does not need to check the level of the character requesting the spells, as it will just scribe all the spells needed up to thier current level.

Here is the topic I recieved the info from, used it last night on my mini server and it worked fine by using the quest::scribespells(); command.
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18154
and here:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15149&highlight=scribespells+argument

Hope it helps.

EliteSting
10-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Aye thank you very much , I'll try that out asap. :)