PDA

View Full Version : Quest Logs

Magefeu
10-13-2006, 01:55 AM
We all know that the quest logs in EQlive realy s%%%s.
I am just wondering how difficult it would be to create a real Quest Log like in EQ2 ?

All the quests in EQLive can provide a Quest Flag for a Character... This Quest Flag could be used as a marker or a counter.

We would just need a MySQL table with all the quest logs in it and on loading of the Quest Journal it should be possible to load all the related quests in a text file and show them...

My 2 cp

John Adams
10-13-2006, 04:20 AM
How would you teach the client to use this new dialog and text? Unless somehow the Adventure Log could be utilized? Either way, the client interface is what sucks in Live. And I don't think that can be changed.

Magefeu
10-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Well the story book could be used.
I've seen several interface on http://www.eqinterface.com that propose to use the story window to display the complete quests.

All those custom txt files have to be added in the everquest/storyline folder.

Writing in a txt file with C++ code is not that difficult. The main problem would be to know when and what to write in the txt file...

However this could be solved using the quest flags and a change flag (the change flag would be a fixed quest flag ). There would be a MySQL table holding the quest flags reference and the text linked to that quest flag.

The only question left is HOW to update the txt file
1) When zoning => Happens often so the txt file would still be updated. But what happens if you don't need to zone for completing the quest ?
2) Wen receiving xp (don't know if possible) would be ideal as it is just a flag to check.

That was my 2 cp