PDA

View Full Version : FYI on plugins

bufferofnewbies
10-17-2006, 04:37 PM
For those of you testing our the emu, make sure you don't do what I was doing. As it will result in a few hours of aggrivation on wondering why things arent working.

I have found that for plugins to work they need a seperate folder outside of the quests folder. (In the main eqemu folder, instead). My disc tome turnin plugin was in the plugins folder located within the quests folder, and as such my guildmasters were not accepting tomes for training.

Once I moved the file to the external plugins folder, they began working.

My folder looked like this: (I'm horrible with pictures in text)

I. Eqemu folder
..A. various odd folders
..B. plugins (correct one for guildmaster plugin to be in for my setup)
..C. quests
......1. plugins (wrong one for my setup)
..D. more various odd folders

Not sure if anyone else is haveing the same problem i was, but if so. That might be your answer. Hope that helps someone, as I feel like a fool now. But a learned fool.

sdabbs65
10-18-2006, 04:45 AM
For those of you testing our the emu, make sure you don't do what I was doing. As it will result in a few hours of aggrivation on wondering why things arent working.

I have found that for plugins to work they need a seperate folder outside of the quests folder. (In the main eqemu folder, instead). My disc tome turnin plugin was in the plugins folder located within the quests folder, and as such my guildmasters were not accepting tomes for training.

Once I moved the file to the external plugins folder, they began working.

My folder looked like this: (I'm horrible with pictures in text)

I. Eqemu folder
..A. various odd folders
..B. plugins (correct one for guildmaster plugin to be in for my setup)
..C. quests
......1. plugins (wrong one for my setup)
..D. more various odd folders

Not sure if anyone else is haveing the same problem i was, but if so. That might be your answer. Hope that helps someone, as I feel like a fool now. But a learned fool.

All quests seem to be broke for me.
default.pl only works in the quests dir and it should be in the eqemu dir.
and when I hail them they turn to speak... but the cat has there tounge.
no errors in the logfiles.
it's back to the lab to try a older version.
... deleteing everything and starting over again.

sdabbs65
10-19-2006, 05:35 AM
All quests seem to be broke for me.
default.pl only works in the quests dir and it should be in the eqemu dir.
and when I hail them they turn to speak... but the cat has there tounge.
no errors in the logfiles.
it's back to the lab to try a older version.
... deleteing everything and starting over again.

Convert was missing.... looks like it converts names into numbers in the quest system. hmm it seems to be just a file with no extension named to it...
going to rename it to .pl see if that solves it.

John Adams
10-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Just FWIW, I have never had any trouble with quests, plugins, or defaults that I am aware of. You are correct that the plugins needs to be under EQEmu folder, and it is packaged under quests - so it needs to be moved.

I've also noticed those PL files in EQEmu are 0 bytes (empty), so I might be missing something without even knowing it.

sdabbs65
10-23-2006, 12:28 AM
Just FWIW, I have never had any trouble with quests, plugins, or defaults that I am aware of. You are correct that the plugins needs to be under EQEmu folder, and it is packaged under quests - so it needs to be moved.

I've also noticed those PL files in EQEmu are 0 bytes (empty), so I might be missing something without even knowing it.

My problem was caused by stupidity.
when I sourced in some old database's the grabnpc.pl changed there
ID's to something higher than it was before.
I dont think I ever really had an issue I just did'nt think to look at the NPC's to see if they matched there questfiles till this weekend.