PDA

View Full Version : Endurance spells.

vales
10-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Hey gang, long time no see. :)

Anyways, I was wondering since the endurance seems fixed (thanks KLS!) if the Endurance spells will get fixed. Right now, they don't work. :p I cast Invigor and Extinguish Fatigue and it didn't heal anything. It's a bit hard to use Combat Skills when it depletes to zero and I can't get a heal for it, hehe.

I'm a bit overwhelmed from all of the stuff that was added in in the recent builds, so I thought I'd just put that out on the table. Is that being worked on or anything? No need to rush at all, but I thought I'd ask what the situation is on that since I came across it. If there's a quick fix for it that can be patched in or something, that would be great.

Keep up the awesome job, guys! :)

KLS
10-20-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm still trying to get a definitive answer on what the SE_Stamina effect does, currently in the code it reduces the cost of endurance use by an amount.

Currently SE_Endurance effects increase or decrease endurance.

Ex: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4702&source=Live

If I can get a definitive answer on how SE_Stamina is supposed to work I can see about changing it, probably go log onto live again and ask my friends who still play.

On another note a lot of endurance using skills still need a lot of work too, some don't work quite right and some not at all.

vales
10-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the reply, KLS. :)

Well for the most part, the fix should have waited to go in with the latest builds. If you're grouped and keep using combat skills or get a bit too jump happy, you'll end up hating life, lol. Sitting there doesn't regenerate enough Endurance and the spells/items have no effect, so it's pretty much a feature that shouldn't be implemented quite yet. ;)

Hopefully the next build will either have it excluded or the spells for supporting it implemented. I'm not by any means cracking on your fine work - not by a long shot. It's actually freaking awesome. :)

I have somewhat of a noob question. Can the Endurance be made to regen at a faster rate (like 10x or something) for now? Maybe an SQL table or something along the lines of HP/MP/EN regen rate in the variables table or something? I think that would be pretty awesome, actually.

I may be going way over my head with that, but I was just wondering how/if it can be implmented as a temporary fix until the spells work. I'd love to keep it in but at it's current state, it's just a bit of a problem. :p

Thanks, and keep up the awesome work!

KLS
10-21-2006, 08:07 AM
This isn't really a problem isolated to the emu, endurance wasn't the most fun on live either till they put in the out of combat regen recently.

I'll see about adding a rule in to make endurance regen faster. Something like RULE_REAL( Character, EnduranceRegen, 1.0 ) Would multiply versus the amount of endurance you get a tic. 0.5 for 50% 2.0 for 200% regen or something like that.

vales
10-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Sweet! That would be a most welcome feature, methinks. Can't wait for it. :)

EmanonCow
10-30-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm still trying to get a definitive answer on what the SE_Stamina effect does, currently in the code it reduces the cost of endurance use by an amount.

Currently SE_Endurance effects increase or decrease endurance.

Ex: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4702&source=Live

If I can get a definitive answer on how SE_Stamina is supposed to work I can see about changing it, probably go log onto live again and ask my friends who still play.

On another note a lot of endurance using skills still need a lot of work too, some don't work quite right and some not at all.

SE_Stamina effects where removed from live. There are no player-castable spells or player gear that can regenerate endurance. The spells either do not work, or where removed from the player's spell list.

Items with Stamina regen clickies where changed to be UV(worn) items.

On live your endurance regen and endurace pool is determined by the sum of your physical attributes, and your level, and some (unknown?) formula.

There are also AA, but there is no gear, and no player cast buffs, that boost endurance regen.

If you don't plan on having OOC regen added, might I suggest having fields:
1> Endurance Cost Multiplier (increases the cost of End based effects)
2> Endurance Regen Multiplier (increases the regen rate of End based abilities)

If you simply boost Endurance Regen to levels where going from OOE to Full E is reasonable, you run into the situation where you can't burn endurance as fast as you gain it back.

KLS
10-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah I'm not sure on the endurance formula, I'm pretty sure level makes up a good portion of the difference in how regen is calculated since difference between my 65 necromancer with really junky endurance and 65 warrior with decent endurance was 2 points of regen.

I'd expect a rule modifiying regen levels eventually I'm just not sure when it will get in.