PDA

View Full Version : EVENT_COMBAT Glitch?

Angelox
10-23-2006, 08:41 AM
FatherNitwit: added EVENT_COMBAT triggered when an NPC engages any form of
FatherNitwit: combat and when combat is over. $combat_state signals which.

Here's a simple pl I plan for the guards;
#npc - Gfaydark Guard Protectors
#zone - Gfaydark

sub EVENT_COMBAT {
quest::say("For the defense of Kelethin!!");
quest::say("For the protection of all Fier'Dal, there shall be no mercy for your kind.");
}
This works fine but, I noticed, when the aggro wears off, the NPC repeats the text again; Anotherwords, he sees the mob, chants his text, kills the mob - then a few seconds later he settles down, re-chants the text , and walks back to where he was.
I wonder if this is just something needs to be fixed, or there's a way to get him not to repeat himself?

John Adams
10-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Maybe he's just really zealous?

aza77
10-23-2006, 09:18 AM
sub EVENT_COMBAT is triggered at combat start and end. use the variable mentioned at the log that should fix it ($combat_state)

Angelox
10-23-2006, 09:28 AM
sub EVENT_COMBAT is triggered at combat start and end. use the variable mentioned at the log that should fix it ($combat_state)
I tried this and nothing happened ($combat_state) - maybe I used it wrong?

fathernitwit
10-23-2006, 03:01 PM
sub EVENT_COMBAT {
if($combat_state == 1) {
quest::say("For the defense of Kelethin!!");
quest::say("For the protection of all Fier'Dal, there shall be no mercy for your kind.");
}
}

RangerDown
10-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Sorry to nitpick, but the guards say
"For the protection of all Fier'Dal, there shall be no mercy for your kind."
after they have successfully killed something, not when they start combat. An easy mistake to make, since they rarely need more than one swing to dispatch that decaying skeleton...

Angelox
10-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Sorry to nitpick, but the guards say
"For the protection of all Fier'Dal, there shall be no mercy for your kind."
after they have successfully killed something, not when they start combat. An easy mistake to make, since they rarely need more than one swing to dispatch that decaying skeleton...

I guess EVENT_NPC_SLAY would be the one to add for that, but I can't seem to get it to work.

bufferofnewbies
10-24-2006, 03:39 AM
try $combat_state == 1 for your attacking message
and $combat_state == 0 for the npc's message for it's opponent's death
and see if that does the trick.