PDA

View Full Version : azone

LostZaphod
10-27-2006, 02:56 AM
Could some one please debug ./azone
I tried to install "GDB/Insight 6.5" on Redhat 8.0 and sofar I cannot get it to compile

But any ways, I am trying to find why azone.exe will not run on a windows machine.

I did find one item, "Use Managed Extensions" is set to yes this causes line 70
s3d.c to not set the value in the structure. Once it is set to "No" a value is assigned.
How ever it still crashes a few lines farther down, might be a segment fault,
Access violation writing location.

I would like for some one to return values for a few items.
The zone file that I have been testing with is "hateplane.s3d"

Set a break point in "s3d.c" at line 69, and execute it
Then execute line 70 and return the value that is put into fncount, for me it is > 35.

Then go through the loop until you come to
j=35

Then execute line 73
s3d_fn_entry = (struct_fn_entry *) &temp[pos];

and return these variables

s3d_fn_entry.fnlen
pos

or if you have any suggestions on debuggers for redhat 8.0

Thanks for your help.

Angelox
10-27-2006, 03:20 AM
Which Azone do you mean? theres two out now, one is for the newer eqg extensions. I couldn't get it to compile on my new distro, but it did on an older distro I have and once compiled, the azone executable works on both Linux boxes. If you want I can post them for you and you could try them out.
This would be for Linux box only though -

LostZaphod
10-27-2006, 04:09 AM
The one I am referancing is the the orignial from the released Source Code, I grabbed azone_eqg.tar.bz2 from
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/azone_eqg.tar.bz2

Being a packrat is a good thing, and I do remember getting this guy to compile and work under Linux when it first hit.
To also try to decode .eqg files.
The make file referances the old project. If you have a working version for linux, I am willing to try that one also.

My goal is to get these working on a windows box also, as we all know how important the map files are and the size of them.

Angelox
10-27-2006, 04:39 AM
The one I am referancing is the the orignial from the released Source Code, I grabbed azone_eqg.tar.bz2 from

To also try to decode .eqg files.
The make file referances the old project. If you have a working version for linux, I am willing to try that one also.

My goal is to get these working on a windows box also, as we all know how important the map files are and the size of them.

http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/files/azoneEQG.tar.gz

tell me if it works-

If you so happen to get a harbingers map made, I would greatly appreciate a copy :)

LostZaphod
10-27-2006, 10:00 AM
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/files/azoneEQG.tar.gz

tell me if it works-

If you so happen to get a harbingers map made, I would greatly appreciate a copy :)

Could you post the source files ? not the executable.

Angelox
10-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Could you post the source files ? not the executable.
Source files already posted by cavedude above - I just thought you said they would not compile for you.

uncommon
11-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Hi, i'm trying to make new maps for some oow and dod zone. Got this version of azone to compile, that's ok. But everytime i try to convert some .s3d or .eqg file, i get a segmentation fault. Same with Angelox's binary... can't seems to figure out why... any ideas ?