PDA

View Full Version : Spawned mobs with no spawngroup

Rhodan
11-01-2006, 03:49 AM
MySQL 5, EQemu 7 (878)

I'm working on fixing up the newbie spawns in Everfrost (peq database). Most of the mobs just sit in one place and I want to get them all going on paths like Live.

So I searched database and figured out the relationships with grids, npc_types, spawns etc and I think I've got a handle on that now.

So I go into the game and use both #npcstats and #wpinfo on a stationary bearcub to figure out where it comes from.

#npcstats isn't much use in this regard, but #wpinfo tells me the spawngroup and grid.

So I find a mob with a spawngroup and no grid assigned and #gassign 3 it. Nothing happens. No message back and when I #wpinfo the mob again, it still has no grid assigned to it. Looking at the wiki, it seems like nothing else is required to assign the mob to this grid. What am I missing? Or is gassign broken?

Also, I'm running across spawned mobs that have no spawn group at all. I assume these were added with #spawn. I'd like to remove them entirely, but I can't figure out where they are in the database. Every table entry I look at appears to have a spawngroup assigned to it and none of them are zero. Where are these little blighters hiding?

John Adams
11-01-2006, 04:58 AM
I always assumed mobs had to be in a spawngroup to be spawned. You sure it's the right copy that is being spawned without a group? I think there are dupes in the database.

Rhodan
11-01-2006, 05:32 AM
Well, I discovered #npcspawn delete and used that to get rid of the spawns I didn't want. WHAT A MISTAKE! This command actually deletes the npc_type entry too!

Restored from the backup, time to find a different want to get rid of them.

John Adams
11-01-2006, 05:41 AM
It does? Wow, that's inconvenient. :)

Rhodan
11-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Ok, it looks like the spawngroup 0 thing is a bug. If I start the server after a fresh sourcing of peq then look at a mob's #wpinfo, it says 0 for everything. If I then do a #repop, it magically has a spawngroup.

I have persistantzone on too. Might make it bypass whatever it is that loads up the values for #wpinfo.

GeorgeS
11-01-2006, 02:38 PM
The npc must be in a spawngroup to have a grid asigned. I use my grid editor for this purpose to simplify grid editing and managing the grids.

You are correct in that NPC's can have their grids assigned in game, and so on.

GeorgeS

BTW - the delete or remove both appear to delete the NPC! The manual removal is managed with already written tools.

Sorry that you lost npc's - I did too!

GeorgeS

Rhodan
11-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Actually, I can't get any of your tools to run. Just downloaded the toolpack (grid editor etc) this morning. Ran the OCX install batchfile and edited the db.ini - but the tools give me an untrapped error - runtime error 91 object variable not set (the oh-so descripive VB error ;)

The database is on a different machine - do i need ODBC drivers for this or something? the MySQL tools connect to the other machine ok with the same settings.

Rhodan
11-02-2006, 02:04 AM
Ah nevermind, I found the odbc drivers and installed. Works now!