PDA

View Full Version : spawn2 spawngroup

Rhodan
11-01-2006, 12:37 PM
In the peq database there are many spawn2 entries with the same spawngroupid. I noticed this because I would use $gassign and then look at a mob and the gassign appeared not to work. When I then looked in the spawn2 table, I saw that the gassign worked, just not on the mob I had targetted - it went to another mob with the same spawngroupid in spawn2 instead.

I thought the spawn2 table would have spawngroupid as a unique entry - the place where multiple mobs would be assigned would be the spawnentry table. The spawn2 row acting as the "spawn point" and choosing one of the multiple mobs listed in spawnentry. So each spawn2 row would spawn only one mob at a time.

Am I correct and the peq method is wrong or do I have to go back and examine the table relationships again?

GeorgeS
11-01-2006, 02:34 PM
The same spawngroupid is normal in spawn2 and this means just that a spawngroup under which many or one npc is linked to. All npc's under this spawn group get spawned by a chance factor.

Actually have a look at my spawn editor and you'll understand this better.

I would not edit these by hand as the table inter-relationships can be hard to deal with.

You can spawn within the game manually, and use my tool to tweak things

GeorgeS

John Adams
11-02-2006, 07:03 AM
Use #dbspawn [npc_id] to spawn a single NPC. Spawning by spawngroupid should work as George described - and we like it like that. :)

Rhodan
11-02-2006, 10:59 AM
The same spawngroupid is normal in spawn2 and this means just that a spawngroup under which many or one npc is linked to. All npc's under this spawn group get spawned by a chance factor.

Actually have a look at my spawn editor and you'll understand this better.

I would not edit these by hand as the table inter-relationships can be hard to deal with.

You can spawn within the game manually, and use my tool to tweak things

GeorgeS

Actually, I edited a ton of spawns by hand, including finding and deleting orphaned grid_entries.

I got your spawn editor up and running - its GREAT! Far more convenient than manual editing.