PDA

View Full Version : Agro/faction bugs

Yodason
06-03-2002, 03:12 PM
#repop breaks auto agro (eg kos agro)

Faction values for race modifiers seem to be reversed

Drawde
06-04-2002, 09:42 PM
I also noticed the reversed race faction modifier. I'm not sure, but the deity modifier might also be reversed (hard to tell since all characters are created as Agnostic in 0.3.3)
Auto-aggro doesn't seem to work at all for me since 0.3.2, whatever my account status. NPCs still help out others on the same faction, or help me out if allied, though.

Yodason
06-05-2002, 12:33 AM
#gm off will solve the not agro problem, also they must not be green to you.

I also noticed faction modifer is reversed, might take a look at tonight

Drawde
06-14-2002, 05:38 AM
I've found that even with my account status set to 0 and using a character
without the GM flag, many NPC types will still regard me as an ally -
skeletons, bats and zombies amongst others, as well as most player race factions.
However some monsters such as orcs have the correct faction values and will aggro.
Seems like a random selection of factions have their values mixed up or replaced
with very high values (hence them being allied). The actual values in faction_list
(how high or low they are, race/deity modifiers, etc) don't seem to have any relation to
whether they work properly.
Anyone else having this problem? This is using a faction list basically the same as the one
distributed in my latest DB.

Lurker_005
06-14-2002, 08:17 AM
Have you checked the npc_faction table? It seems you have random numbers in for "vlaues" field. Granted I am not positive just how that works with the starting factions ect...

Drawde
06-14-2002, 10:29 PM
The value flag is the "faction hit" you get when you kill the NPC. I set it (in the EQNPC parser program) to be determined by the NPC's level, about 5*level I think. So it isn't random.
It might be that the npc_faction IDs are somehow getting "out of sync" with the NPCs that they're supposed to be assigned to, I'll look into that.

Drawde
06-15-2002, 01:53 AM
I've checked npc_faction in EQEmuAdmin and all the values seem to be assigned to the right NPCs. So it isn't that that's causing the problem.
The strange thing is it seems to be random which factions work and which don't, for example shadowed men and skeletons both have a default faction value of -1000 with no modifiers, but shadowmen are KOS as they should be, whilst skellies are allied to you. (and seem rather more efficient than most of the guards at actually attacking things that are chasing you :D )

Anyone else having problems like this? I'd like to know whether it's a problem in my DB that I need to fix, or simply a bug in EQEmu.

bot403
06-16-2002, 03:41 AM
please please get faction working:) Its something im looking forward to, but just can't do myself. Ppl like me need the database editors and all their hard work.

Hmm
06-16-2002, 08:19 AM
draw are you GM when skellies was ally to you?

Drawde
06-16-2002, 09:01 PM
No, I reloaded the DB with eqemu account status set to 0 just to make sure there would be no GM status flags left over (if you create characters with a GM-status account, then lower the status, the characters still have the flag). If you're a GM, everything is allied to you, the problem is for non-GMs it seems like a random selection of factions are allied to you whatever their values and modifiers are.
I once had the opposite happen to me, when a Nexus Scion who's supposed to be neutral to everyone zapped me with a spell from 100 metres away - I saw the blue glow around him as he cast a spell, then LOADING, PLEASE WAIT. Never had that happen again, so I've no idea what caused it.