PDA

View Full Version : Quest Titles

paaco
11-06-2006, 07:31 AM
I am trying to figure out a way to make quests give custom titles on my server. I have looked through the source a little and through all the quest commands but can't seem to get them working. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Also I found this via a search of the forums. Was posted by FNW a few months back. I can't seem to get it to work either though.

just updated exported perl object to include SetAATitle..

use:
$client->SetAATitle("TITLE");

with tomorrow's build of 7.0

By the way I am running the latest source. 0.7-904 I believe.

fathernitwit
11-06-2006, 04:10 PM
the current implementation of this would require you to zone after doing the quest... so you might try that.

paaco
11-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey thanks FNW, I'll give it another shot :) If I get it to work I'll post a quest example so that it might help others as well.

paaco
11-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Unless I am using it wrong, it appears to be broken. This is what I have, rest of quest works fine :)
I did a #reloadquest, turned the quest item in ( quest worked ), zoned to a new zone, and no title.

Paaco = Sad sad Panda :(

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/Hail/i) {
quest::say("We were once a peaceful race,living amongst the other beings of the world. Then they came...The Dragons. They destroyed our cities and trapped us here. Now it seems we are stuck here, to rot in this hell for Eternity. Every night I dream of the day a Hero will come release us from this place. Are You That [Hero]?");
}
if($text=~/Hero/i) {
quest::say("Forgive me if I don't seem too moved by your words. Many have come here claiming to be the Hero we seek. As of yet, none have returned. You will have to proove yourself to us. And the only way I see to do that is deliver us from this foul place. There is a Dragon Guarding the way out of here. Kill him and bring me his head, and I will surely reward you.");}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM {
if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 25118 =>1)){
quest::summonitem(9046);
quest::summonitem(3953);
$client->SetAATitle("Dragonslayer");
quest::say("Thank you $name . You are destined to do great things in this cruel world of ours. Speak with Delilah when you are ready for your next task.");
quest::exp(14000);}
}

paaco
11-07-2006, 05:26 PM
If anyone happens to have a fix for titles or a way to get them working I would appreciate it. No rush though, that can be something we implement on the server later on if needed. It's not even in beta yet :)