PDA

View Full Version : GeorgeS - Loottable editor ommision

Rhodan
11-07-2006, 05:29 AM
I've been working with the loot table editor (HANDY!) and I've run across something you missed.

If I choose a mob that has no loot entries at all and then choose Tools->Create new loot_tableid, click save loot, edit the loot and click save again, everything seems to work.

When I then look at a different mob and come back, the loot has disappeared. I checked and it seems everything is being created properly in the database but the NPCs loottable_id field is not being set. Manually typing in the loottable_id and saving fixes it all up.

GeorgeS
11-07-2006, 03:32 PM
I just looked through my code and found the issue, which is fixed now.

When you create a new loottable, a dummy (rusty dagger) item is created as before, but now it's attached to the NPC automactically. No longer need to "save"

Typing in a loottable manually (must exist though) and saving updates the npc like before.

Thanks for the bug report
Download the newest version

GeorgeS

Rhodan
11-08-2006, 02:42 AM
Great - other than that one little thing the loot editor is fantastic!

Oh, one other ommission kind of thing. This time with the item/inventory editor: it lacks an icon for the running program on the taskbar. When I have multiple programs running they all show up on the taskbar and I can alt-tab through the running programs list to get to them. The item editor, on the other hand, has no icon showing up at all so I have to minimize every program to make it visible. This makes it a bit difficult to use at times which is bad because its so handy!

GeorgeS
11-08-2006, 02:23 PM
The issue with no icons in the task bar is likely VB6 and a few API calls. The program uses pretty complicated skinned forms that are modal.

I'll look into other API's that may help with putting it into a minimized state with a task icon.

George

bufferofnewbies
11-08-2006, 02:34 PM
So, what's the chances of conning you into allowing it to show what it looks like 'in game'? hehe, probably very very hard to do.. but sometimes that little icon just doesn't do the things justice :)

You have done a great job so far GeorgeS, Thank you for takeing the time to update so often to a very useful program.

GeorgeS
11-10-2006, 03:15 AM
The tool is pretty much done - and I'm out of ideas for now.
Perhaps it's time to 'play' EQ and level up my toons

GeorgeS

EliteSting
11-10-2006, 11:29 PM
If you don't mind me asking GeorgeS , what is the proper procedure for copying items. Every time I try to do it , it freezes on me then shuts down.
I'll post exactly what the error message says when I get home.
Thanks for all the tools !!

GeorgeS
11-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Let me know which item your'e copying and what your work flow was.

I simply search or select an item, then click on edit then click on 'copy item'
The new item will appear with a new item_id ready for editing.

Any crashes are most likely differences in table schema, or a field entry I never anticipated.

GeorgeS

sfisque
12-05-2006, 03:26 PM
except, the loot editor doesnt work against a mysql running on linux. hitting the Save buttons gives it an error dialog stating very plainly:

Run-time error '-2147217865':
Table 'eqemu.Lootdrop_entries' doesn't exist.

which is very true, the table is lootdrop_entries, not Lootdrop_entries. any chance of fixing the query so that it either goes against 'lootdrop_entries' or making the target tables configurable in the .ini file?

== sfisque

John Adams
12-06-2006, 03:01 AM
Table references should all be lower-case anyway, since that's what they are in the MySQL - Windows or not. Not sure you can even make upper-case table names in MySQL 4?

GeorgeS
12-06-2006, 03:24 AM
Thanks John - you sent me off in the right direction so I finally fixed the bug. It works on windows and linux systems running MySQL!

New version is online - 12.05.00
-Fixed table references so this can be used to query a MySQL db on Linux.

GeorgeS

sfisque
12-06-2006, 09:01 AM
very cool. i'll download it tonight and give it a whirl.

thx for the fast turnaround man!

== sfisque

sfisque
12-07-2006, 03:48 PM
closer.

it saves the data, and then crashes with the same message as before. when i relauch, the new loot is present, but crashes if i add anything else and hit save.

this happens if i add loot to an existing entry.

i'll test some other scenarios.

== sfisque

GeorgeS
12-12-2006, 03:44 AM
Ok, I'll look again into this. Appears that linux drivers are picky about the capitalization. Win MyODBC driver's for some reason don't have this issue...so the search continues.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
12-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Ok, uploaded the next revision. Caught the last of the errors I think can cause upcase errors. Keep me updated on issues

Later Y'all
GeorgeS

sfisque
12-13-2006, 05:28 AM
excellent. i'll be DL'ing and testing it out tonight. i'll let ya know how it goes.

thx for the fast turnaround again, cheer!

== sfisque