PDA

View Full Version : Mobs and equipped weapons

Ueguvil
11-14-2006, 07:31 AM
I noticed that if you set a weapon to being equipped in a mobs loot table, he doesn't wield it ingame like they did in EQ. However, if you manually give an NPC a weapon he does infact hold it in his hand.

Would it be easy to add this in?

eq4me
11-14-2006, 10:29 AM
I dunno, it has a low priority as there are more pressing matters to fix or implement. There is a wiki entry somewhere about this. I faintly remembering that there are some problems with some mob/weapon combinations. But I might be wrong and all that is to do is to look up the NSC trade and NSC spawn code fragments and see whats wrong. Maybe the NSC could hand itself his own weapon right after spawn. ;)

Aerewen
12-14-2006, 11:47 AM
you need to edit the loot table entry for this

http://www.projecteq.net/

has a tool available for editing the database in a graphical format, i posted a detailed walkthru for installation of everything on their forums as well..

once you have it installed, select the loot tab

select the zone

select the mob

scroll down till u see the item you want it to have equipped, then click the edit box at the far right of it's row (whiteish blue box looking thingy)

on that page, change Equippped?: to yes :)

and save it

moydock
06-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Does that work around work anyone know? Can't imagine it would be any different than editing the db directly... If not, Anyone firgured out another workaround? Can't get my npc's to hold the weapons they carry.

So_1337
06-11-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't believe that Aerewen understood that you mean for weapons to be shown as graphically being held and equipped by the NPCs. His fix would definitely change an NPC from using their normal attack ("A Whatever crushes YOU for 366 damage" to "A Whatever slashes YOU for 366 damage"), but that it would still not display graphically if you were staring at the NPC. I remember lots of sarcastic "Emp is holding a sword!111one!!!1111eleven!!" comments from back in the day that just don't happen here on EQEmu because of this issue :P

moydock
06-11-2007, 12:25 PM
I know, that was one of the sickest things about eq, you'd know when a rare had the weapon you wanted... Anyway, i could sware at some point about 6 months ago my npcs were holding their weapon drops... I could be mistaken though. But there's no fix for this? I would think it's a fairly important thing.

So_1337
06-11-2007, 01:49 PM
If you're working as a GM and add an item to an NPC (#npcloot add XXXXX), it'll show up as equipped on their avatar, and you can see the item being wielded against enemies. That's the only way that I know of currently to make it happen.

ChaosSlayer
06-11-2007, 05:30 PM
yeah you can make NPC to temporarily show their weapon when you do add loot via gm command, but otherwise they won't, and not all weapons show correct graphics on npcs.

lots and lots uniuqly looking weapons show up as regular scimitars when wielded by NPC.

Irreverent
06-28-2007, 11:57 PM
I have another post on this in the windows server group. I think its just that the npc/loot is being loaded at the same time. If you can make sure the mobs load first, then take their table and then give it to them instead of instantly give. Perhaps then they'll wield items correctly.

However, interesting i was running a GM event, when summoning chars it defaults to a hum/male when texture not found, it was wearing the armor at least! So for some reason weapons and armor are different. I remember seeing on an old version it would check something on the npc_types table that had a value to tell weither to show wield or not. Perhapse that's broken and in fact its just defaulting to 'do not show'?

So_1337
07-02-2007, 12:03 AM
I just had an experience that made me think of sharing this input, Irreverent:

After a mob is spawned, say he has a sword on his loot table. Even if you remove the sword from his loot table (#npcloot remove XXXXX), the mob will still be slashing with his attacks.

So maybe the engine isn't updating this properly save for when the mob is spawned and loot is attached, and it's messing the check entirely for when to apply it graphically. Just wanted to add in what I'd seen tonight for your consideration =)