PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 question, shuttin down at world server

toasterdeath23
02-02-2002, 06:16 AM
I had stopped messing with the emulator a while back, but I decided to try again. I downloaded 2.1 but wasnt sure how to install. I looked at the guide that came with 2.1 and it said "this guide is for 2.0 and below." I downloaded 2.0 and followed the guide to install the emulator.

I run the eqw, type in my name/password, and get to the server select screen. I chose a random server, "ralas" I think, and proceeded to make a male wood elf rogue. Here is the problem, whenever I "enter the world" it just shuts down. I see the picture of the lizard and then I just see my desktop.

For the record I was running worldserver and boot5zone. Do I need to change the "zone" in boot5zone to greater fay? I have some zone batchs files I tried to use instead of the boot5zone, but I got the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

madborg
02-02-2002, 10:34 AM
0.2.0 changes things from 0.1.9 and below. One of the major changes is the use of the login server, so you have to read completely all the documents that come with the release including how to access the login server.

If you want to set up locally, you will need the minilogin. Otherwise you will have to have an account on gotfrags and then login through gotfrags and then look for your server on the server list.

It takes a little experimenting to get the hang of 0.2.

Here is the link to the client installation side of things:
http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8

Baron Sprite
02-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Make sure you have eqw 2.2 also :)