PDA

View Full Version : Resurrection Spells

Pyrate
11-22-2006, 03:20 PM
I am getting the "Your spell did not take hold" intermittently on resurrection spells. I can't really pinpoint what causes it, sometimes it works other while other times it does not. When it fails, the corpse isn't resurrected, no experience is restored, and the character being resurrected isn't moved to their corpse.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

Sakrateri
11-22-2006, 11:07 PM
I am not sure but I do know this happens on live as well , I contacted a Gm about it and he said it is working as intended , sometimes the rez will fail. much like sometimes the gate spell becomes unstable and does not work.. I dont know if that is built into the spell or if there is actually something wrong with it on EQEMU..

bufferofnewbies
11-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Atm, Res spells will only take effect when the player, who's corpse you are resing, is also in the zone. I believe it's a bug with the spell targeting code.

Pyrate
11-23-2006, 01:44 PM
I actually was finally able to track down the cause of being unable to res some corpses. In spells.cpp around line 2250, the part of the if-statement that says !IsBeneficialAllowed(spelltar) || actually varies for the corpses. Sometimes this call returns a 0, and the corpse is deemed ressable, other times it is not. I haven't determined why this occurs, but commenting that condition of the if-statement out has resolved the problem on my server.

As far as the player being in the same zone, I had this issue creep up when the player was in the same zone, and when they are not, so I don't believe its related to that in any way.