PDA

View Full Version : Omens PoK Stone?

ChUzZ
11-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Anyone able to make a portal stone for dranik?? for PoK??? so I can give access to omens?

Wizardanim
11-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Anyone able to make a portal stone for dranik?? for PoK??? so I can give access to omens?

If i could make a reccomendation..

What i did for omens access was this:

Create a priest of discord or associate NPC in plane of knowledge where ever you want.

A simple quest takes care of the transport issue... an example would be,

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i) {
quest::say("Greetings $name. I am part of the resistance. The powers within the fields of discord are rising. As of now, the danger is not real. Scattered members of our sect are scattered around discord, but the land is meerly a graveyard right now. We are exspecting an invasion soon. I can send you to the Depts of Discord if you wish, just tell me that you wish to [Journey to Discord]");}

if($text=~/Journey to Discord/i) {
quest::say("Good luck my friend.");
quest::movepc(302,-1491,-1325,224.2);
}
}

Work around for now, and adding a book is possible, but this is fast and effective.

The custom text is for my personal use, just copied and pasted here, you can change it to suit your needs. That is the Live location of the entrence to Omens i believe.

If this responce is considered off topic for this section, i do apologize.

Any questions, let me know.

ChUzZ
11-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Didnt work for me...came up with error in your SQL syntax.

Angelox
11-26-2006, 04:58 AM
Omens never had a POK in live - the NPC for teleport stands outside the building where you buy spells (up at the top) , and is a PoD.
If you download my quest pack, you'll find both npc quests, for going to draniksscar and coming back. from there.

Cripp
11-26-2006, 05:02 AM
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/Hail/i)
{
quest::say("Greetings $name. I am part of the resistance. The powers within the fields of discord are rising.");
quest::say("As of now, the danger is not real. Scattered members of our sect are scattered around discord, but the land is meerly a graveyard right now.");
quest::say("We are exspecting an invasion soon. I can send you to the Depts of Discord if you wish, just tell me that you wish to [journey] to Discord.");
}

if($text=~/journey/i)
{
quest::say("Good luck my friend.");
quest::movepc(302,-1491,-1325,224.2);
}
}

ChUzZ
11-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Omens never had a POK in live - the NPC for teleport stands outside the building where you buy spells (up at the top) , and is a PoD.
If you download my quest pack, you'll find both npc quests, for going to draniksscar and coming back. from there.

Your quests I gather is only for peq? As I run eq on my server

Angelox
11-27-2006, 03:18 AM
Your quests I gather is only for peq? As I run eq on my server

Our quests start with all PEQ, EQ ones, then added are what we do for the AX_PEQ DB. If the quest doesn't work for you, then you'd need to add or name the NPC's accordingly.
But I do think the Omens transport quests will work, as the NPC's used are the same ones that were packet-spawned in the EQ DB. I remember when I made these quests, and don't think I changed the NPC's.
Usually what I do is, merge a zone from Cavedude's EQ database, then proceed to add whats missing, such as named mobs, loots, drops grids, zoners, etc. Draniksscar, Bloodfields, Harbingers are pretty much that way, Causeway and Dranik are there, but I'm still working on them.
PoK is also spawned, and the PoD NPC shoud be the same as the EQ one.

ChUzZ
12-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Ok after you have the quest how then do you add the NPC to the zone where you want him?

Angelox
12-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Ok after you have the quest how then do you add the NPC to the zone where you want him?
You could do that too - make sure the npc and the Pl have the same name.

ven-elexver
03-02-2008, 03:38 AM
wish i had found this post before i wrote my own. TP quests lol . i used the P.O.D in pok to send and the P.O.D 's inside to send back to pok .

Angelox
03-02-2008, 04:22 AM
Actually some Omens zones are active on the AX_CLASSIC database. any PoD in any of the towns will get you there too.
AX_CLASSIC database is still available at the Legacy of the Rathe Forums (http://eq.ismg.ch/mirkwood/news.php). You need to be a member for download privileges.