PDA

View Full Version : (LAN mini) 2nd pc will time out at the login

corvus
12-01-2006, 02:11 AM
With the help of some really good posts and the Wiki I almost have my LAN set up with the mini login.

The server computer, I can log in and make a toon and play with no problems.

The 2nd computer which is not the server, every time I try to log in at the account login screen it waits about 10 seconds then I get a TIME OUT error.

I do have the account already set up in the MYSQL database. And the 2nd PC IP is correct in the database too.

Here is my files, if you should see anything wrong please let me know and I would be very grateful.

My IP address on the first computer has been changed from the correct number to the number 123.456.78.90

1st PC

Config file
-----------------
[Database]
host=localhost
user=eq
password=eq
database=eq
compression=off

[General]
quests=C:\EQEmu\Quests\

wordwrap=1
-----------------

DB file
-----------------
###Your current database configuration is as follows:
##db.ini:

[Database]
host=127.0.0.1
user=eq
password=eq
database=eq
-----------------

eqemu_config file
-----------------
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>minilogin</shortname>
<longname>My Minilogin</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>123.456.78.90</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>123.456.78.90</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>eqwupitqc8n824uipjs5r27</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>eq</db>
</database>
</server>
-----------------

eqhost
-----------------
[LoginServer]
Host=123.456.78.90:5999
-----------------

loginserver
-----------------
###Your current configuration is as follows:

loginserver.ini:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=123.456.78.90
loginport=5999
worldname=My Minilogin
worldaddress=123.456.78.90
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=
[ChatChannelServer]

worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999
-----------------

Now on the 2nd PC....

eqhost
-----------------
[LoginServer]
Host=123.456.78.90:5999
-----------------

I have read alot of posts about not being able to see the server after login but my problem is I cant get the 2nd PC to login because of the timeout error which I am thinking might be from the fact of it not logging into the 1st PC.

Do I need to set up port forwarding in my router???

I can play other multi-player games over the LAN with no problems.

Both computers have a fresh install of the Titanium EQ set.

Both computers have accounts in the database.

Both computers have no spaces after any of the lines in the files.

John Adams
12-01-2006, 03:27 AM
Do you have both computers IP addresses in seperate accounts in the "account" table? Not 127.0.0.1, like some instructions say to do, but the actual IP addy of each machine?

Also, there's a great write up in the WIKI (and on the forum) by CrabClaw that fixed my initial Minilogin issues straight up. See if you can find that.

Good luck.

corvus
12-01-2006, 03:35 AM
I just checked and yes, both accounts have there own IP addresses.

It was thanks to Crabclaw that I got the server up and working. With his post I was able to use the same PC for server and playing.

Wizardanim
12-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Only thing i can think of based on your description, if everything is set up right:

Check your firewall to make sure its not blocking access to minilogin.exe, or allowing minilogin to accept connections?

Ive had to refresh my firewalls settings a few times, an' every time it blocks access to the binary files and times out unless i fix it.

Angelox
12-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Login server should contain the LAN ip (not the outside ip)
minilogin example;
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>minilogin</shortname>
<longname>BlackwaterMiniLogin</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>192.168.2.105</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>ko898odhus77iwud</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>ax_peq</db>
</database>
</server>
and the host should look for the servers LAN ip
host example;
[LoginServer]
Host=192.168.2.105:5999

You also need to have accounts setup in your "accounts" table, that specify each ip thats going to use the server. If you need help on this, say so

corvus
12-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Alright... still checking on the firewall. At the risk of being laughed at, how do you tell if your firewall is blocking the 2nd computer? My firewall came built into the mother board (MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4). I will see if I can find settings for it.

I have reset my IP address to 192.168.2.1 for the 1st PC and then 192.168.2.2 for the 2nd PC and ALL of my multi player LAN games work like a charm. But the 2nd PC still wont log in, just keeps timing out.

I have both accounts redone to reflect the new IPs.
I did this first, by just going into the database and then changing them. After this did not work I used this command...
INSERT INTO account (name,STATUS, minilogin_ip) VALUES('Steve',250,'192.168.2.2');

To be honest... at this time I think EQemu and the minilogin is working fine and its my network thats messed up. But then again I can play LAN games with no problems but then again only one PC can get a internet connection at any given time.

Let me check on my firewall and see if thats the problem, I am sure there is info out there somewhere I can read up on.

Thanks everyone for all the help so far.

Wizardanim
12-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Sry if i confused you. Kind of a long shot really if your other programs are connecting fine... your setup (if replaced with the correct IP adresses) should work fine. Are you configuring your own adresses though or letting your router (DHCP) configure them for you?

You can try pining your own adress on the network to see if anything is auctually in the way... IE: ping 192.168.2.2, if no responce, then either somethin is blocking it or theres a problem with the IP config.

Also are you getting a connect message in the minilogin window when the second computer tries to connect?

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4103/minivc6.th.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=minivc6.jpg)

Not sure what programs you have installed, but on this bot computer, i have norton, and their blocking settings are pritty straight forward

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3658/firewallmg7.th.jpg (http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=firewallmg7.jpg)

CrabClaw
12-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Hmm, what type/brand of router do you have? My brothers router had a problem where he had to configure some loopback settings through the router config page or he couldn't host network games.