PDA

View Full Version : Mines of Gloomingdeep posted

Angelox
12-12-2006, 04:47 AM
Mines of Gloomingdeep added to the ax_peq database. Now, when you start a new character, it will default to Gloomingdeep, and start there. You don't have any other option for now, but you can leave Gloomingdeep and take a PoK Stone to where you want to go - once you bind outside Gloomingdeep, you can't go back (unless of course, you cheat).
This is a pretty big change, I've always thought that Sony made Gloomingdeep so thay could bring their shrinking user-base together - In our case, even a server with a few hundred users is small, so it will benefit us greatly.
I hope to hear feedback from you if you try it.
Thanks to everyone that helped me out with this :).

GeorgeS
12-12-2006, 02:46 PM
I found Gloomingdeep a great zone to try different classes out.

Anyway thankx to Angelox for the effort.

GeorgeS

number6
12-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi Angelox,

Is there a problem with the starting character co-ordinates and bind points? If I make a new character on my server they start under the world and can't move. Using #zone on my GM account works correctly, it puts me in a sensible starting spot amongst all the helper mobs. Make a test character on "The Village" and you'll see what I mean. In the database, in table "start_zones" all combinations of race/class are set to zone_id 189 which is right, and the co-ordinates are:

bind_x = 18
bind_y = -147
bind_z = 20

I am thinking that either these are incorrect, or that your update SQL has somehow transposed co-ordinates or not updated a table elsewhere I have missed, or perhaps that I am working with the incorrect tutorialb client files -- I do have both an eqg and an s3d, I haven't tried reverting back to the s3d file. Having said that all the mobs look like they're in the right place.

I'll try to track this down a bit more when I finish work today but thought I'd ask in case it's anything obvious.

Thanks

Paul.

Angelox
12-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Hello

The start_zones table is confusing to me, seems like some columns lead nowhere. anyways, run these lines against your database and it should work;
UPDATE start_zones set start_zone=189;
UPDATE start_zones set bind_x=14.6,bind_y=64.0,bind_z=12.4;
UPDATE start_zones set bind_id=189;
UPDATE start_zones set x=14.6,y=64.0,z=12.4;
Tell me if it works now -
I also took the posted database down, and will be updating together with other fixes in a while.
If anyone knows more about the start_zones table please post.

number6
12-12-2006, 11:41 PM
That fixed it... many thanks, you're a star!

Paul.

bufferofnewbies
12-13-2006, 06:47 AM
If anyone knows more about the start_zones table please post.

What information were you seeking exactly?
Each line is made up of information based upon the choices made in character select.

x, y, z, and zone_id: location of starting point
bind_id, bind_x, bind_y, bind_z: location of bind point (can be different than starting point due to this)
player_choice: city the person chose to be at.
0. Erudin
1. Qeynos
2. Halas
3. Rivervale
4. Freeport
5. Neriak
6. Grobb
7. Oggok
8. Kaladim
9. Kelethin
10. Felwithe
11. Akanon
12. Cabilis
13. Shar Vahl
14. (?) Frog choice -- so it's kinda wierd why it doesnt use Troll's origional.

player_class: well, you know..
1. Warrior
2. Cleric
3. Paladin
4. Ranger
5. Shadow Knight
6. Druid
7. Monk
8. Bard
9. Rogue
10. Shaman
11. Necromancer
12. Wizard
13. Magician
14. Enchanter
15. Beastlord
16. Berserker

player_diety: ditto
201: ?? Bertox
202: Brell
203: Cazic
204: Erollisi
205: Bristle
206: Inno
207: Karana
208: Mith Marr
209: Prexus
210: Quell
211: Rallos
212: ?? Rodcet
213: Solusek
214: Tribunal
215: Tunare
216: ?? Veeshan
396: Agnostic

player_race: train of events :)
1. Human
2. Barb
3. Erudite
4. Wood Elf
5. High Elf
6. Dark Elf
7. Half Elf
8. Dwarf
9. Troll
10. Ogre
11. Halfling
12. Gnome
128: Iksar
130: Vah Shir
330: Froglok

start_zone: used for when a city has multiple parts (ie: north/ south qeynos) -- No real purpose with this with the way its setup now. This one seems redundant.
select_rank: well..Just don't ask me what select_rank is for. :(

Angelox
12-13-2006, 07:12 AM
ok, for starters, why is there a bind_x, bind_y, bind_z, and an x, y, z ? seems like one set ( the first one) is too many, and does not affect anything.
Also, what's the difference between zone_id, bind_id, and start_zone (aside from creating confusion)?
Maybe select_rank is why the bind_x, bind_y, bind_z don't work - could try setting the select_rank to 0 and see what happens.

Cripp
12-13-2006, 07:20 AM
people may want the bind locations different than starting locations..
i myself do thats for sure.

bufferofnewbies
12-13-2006, 07:22 AM
sorry about editing my post: now the answer comes before the question. Not very good on the eyes or mental stability. :(

Angelox
12-13-2006, 07:31 AM
I get it now, I never really paid much attention to this table until I started with the Gloomingdeep thing - and since Gloomingdeep only needs one set of bind-points, the rest seemed unneeded, at least for now anyways.
Thanks

fathernitwit
01-27-2007, 01:18 PM
please make sure all this information gets onto the wiki in some form.