PDA

View Full Version : Need help No quests seem to work

StratMn
12-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Hello all, I will admit that I am very new to this, but I have gotten a server up and running thanks to the wiki I found on it, but I have a problem with quests. I can talk/initiate quests, but when it comes to the creation of items, or the rewards if you give NPC items, nothing happens, I have tried to read anything and everything I could find to see if anything addresses this, but so far no luck, I am running XP Pro P4 3.0 1Gb Dual Channel DDR3200, EqEmu build 845 I tried newest but then all NPCs disapeared :(. Active Perl, I orgionally tried build 813 but unistalled when it didn't work, and am currently running build 816. And minilogin 6. Everything works fine but the quests. On a side note I am totally blown away and impressed with the talent/time it must have taken the community to get/keep these projects going. I greatly appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks

Cripp
12-14-2006, 01:26 PM
make sure you have the plugins folder in the eqemu directory with the check_handin.pl plugin..
also make sure you have the Maps folder with the map of the zone you are using in it..(you probably already have this done since you can talk/initiate quests)

so make sure you have :

C:\eqemu\plugins
C:\eqemu\Maps

edit: heres a link to some plugins.. along with the check_handin.pl
http://nug.cvs.sourceforge.net/nug/nugblazers/PERL/plugins/

StratMn
12-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Sorry like I said new to this I have no plugins, and dont know where to get them, I tried to search for them but no luck yet.

StratMn
12-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Your awesome thank you sooo much! :-D

StratMn
12-15-2006, 07:05 AM
do the commands in the quests files like summonitem ect.. hve their own scripts?

StratMn
12-15-2006, 07:16 AM
This might help explain better. The dialog for Quests seems to work just fine, I have been using Kilam Oresinger in kaladima as a test. The rub is when the dailog complete and he should give me the item, nothing happens. Hope this helps clarify. Thanks all

Cripp
12-15-2006, 07:39 AM
can you post the whole quest script please..

note: use the the [code.] and [/code.] in front and at end of quest to make it in code box when posting.. (- the periods)

edit: just looked at your pm so no need to post script if you dont want too :D

StratMn
12-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Here it is the Kilam Oresinger quest, its right from the peq quests.

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail. $name - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?");
}
if($text=~/what mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers. We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more central offices. Are you [interested]?");
}
if($text=~/i am interested/i){
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well. right now I have one that needs to go to Kelethin. Will you [deliver] mail to [Kelethin] for me?");
}
if($text=~/i will deliver to kelethin/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Jakum Webdancer in Kelethin. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles.");
}
if($text=~/I wil deliver to Kelethin/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Jakum Webdancer in Kelethin. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18161"); }
}
#END of FILE Zone:kaladima ID:60001 -- Kilam_Oresinger

The dialog works just fine but no item summons at the end, is there a connector to the db that I'm missing?

Cripp
12-15-2006, 07:49 AM
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/Hail/i)
{
quest::say("Hail. $name - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?");
}
if($text=~/what mail/i)
{
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers. We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more central offices. Are you [interested]?");
}
if($text=~/i am interested/i)
{
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well. right now I have one that needs to go to Kelethin. Will you [deliver] mail to [Kelethin] for me?");
}
if($text=~/I wil deliver to Kelethin/i)
{
quest::summonitem(18161);
}
}
#END of FILE Zone:kaladima ID:60001 -- Kilam_Oresinger

try this...
and you had 2 if($text=~/I wil deliver to Kelethin/i) which is probably where its not working..

StratMn
12-15-2006, 07:53 AM
the script worked perfectly, is there a better set of quests I can use cause that was right from the peq quest pack, or a way to batch convert to the new syntax that you changed it to with the tabs and spacing?

Thanks again you ROCK!