PDA

View Full Version : Facades for Guild Lobby and Bazaar in POK

John Adams
12-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Ok, here they are as promised. Sorry it took a month (been in hell lately...). These are not perfectly placed, so please feel free to move them around to your liking and post updates if you choose.

What you see here are inserts into the DOORS table for the 2 building faces for Guild Lobby and Bazaar. I stumbled upon them while wandering through 3DSpy, clicking on the poknowledge_obj3.eqg file, looking for these buggers... I knew they had to be in there somewhere. Welp, apparently they are, and they were called "facade.mod". Just by dumb luck, I used the door name "FACADE" and it worked. Yay.

Also in these inserts are the clickable doors to get OUT of guild lobby and guild hall, but I hadn't gotten to zone points back out of Bazaar yet (there's at least one that's sorta auto-zone, and I believe the other needs another door hung).

Notes:
* I did remove the primary keys, but did not do any adjusting to the doorid's per zone.
* I'm not sure of those doors I used in the guild lobby and hall are accurate gfx, so check that too.
* Be wary of the extra spaces this forum CODE command might put into the middle of these inserts... I wish I could host a SQL file, but I have nowhere to do that right now.

No further delay, here's your inserts. As usual, backup first, check your columns, and enjoy.

INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (138, 'PoKnowledge', 'FACADE', -370, 1400, -120, 64, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'guildlobby', 18, -46, 6, 0, 0, 0, 100);
INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (139, 'PoKnowledge', 'FACADE', 340, 1445, -120, 445, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'bazaar', -425, 0, -25, 0, 0, 0, 100);

INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (140, 'guildlobby', 'TRANS_ENTRY', -59, 19, 10, 135, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'poknowledge', 1380, -300, -121, 0, 0, 0, 100);
INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (141, 'guildlobby', 'GUILD_DOOR_', 624.45, 48.375, 4.95, 385, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'guildhall', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 105);
INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (142, 'guildlobby', 'GUILD_DOOR_', 624.45, -48.375, 4.95, 385, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'guildhall', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 105);
INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (143, 'guildhall', 'GUILD_DOOR', -162.25, -3.375, 7, 128, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'guildlobby', 0, 585, 0, 180, 0, 0, 100);

If you have trouble, post here and I'll see what I can do.

But if you didn't backup DOORS first, I don't know you. ;)

PS: For Angelox, this work was in Cavedude's raw database. I'm pretty sure it'll slide right in to PEQ and ax_peq. I think the Doors tables are all the same.

bufferofnewbies
12-15-2006, 03:29 PM
1 Buffer point!

John Adams
12-15-2006, 03:34 PM
1???

Do you know how many times I had to zone aiming that f'n building? heheh...

thx man :)

bufferofnewbies
12-15-2006, 08:49 PM
REPLACE dest_zone to poknowledge from the 202 that was there on id 9678 (bazaar door # 116).

should fix the zoneout from bazaar to pok. (i hope)
sorry Im so lazy and my code for ya. its almost 4am.

also, the portals in 'newest' bazaar to teleport you to the next area are PORTAL_DISC (only 4 of them), change them to opentype 58 to make them clickable for now unless you like the invisible men. I will still be checking on the rest of the opentypes to see if any 'run across proximity' ones are found. (someday..)

John Adams
12-16-2006, 05:19 AM
Cool. I was going to tackle the interior of [non-classic] Bazaar today, but if you got the doors under control, I'll wait for your input. I haven't sorted out the invisible proximity zone concept yet. Hmm. Just had a thought, I think the zones to SH are working (from the SH side to bazaar). Maybe I can gank them?

As for NPCs, I haven't placed any yet because I was hoping FWN would chime in about the collectors/builders, to see if that's even an option at this point. Also, in the bazaar, if you #goto a high elevation, you can see about 50 NPCs and horses falling to their death. There's NPCs in there, just need to be summoned and stuck to their right post.

I was also going to "furnish" the guild lobby a little. Off to go find the message board objects (tho I'd be amazed if they work at this time).

bufferofnewbies
12-16-2006, 09:33 AM
those two zoneline are hardcoded zonelines as far as I can tell. after we get done gaming tonight (DnD on weekends), I will do some more door work (including some more of the opentype stuff.. Im still looking for the zone by proximity if it exists)

Angelox
12-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Ok, here they are as promised. Sorry it took a month (been in hell lately...). These are not perfectly placed, so please feel free to move them around to your liking and post updates if you choose.

What you see here are inserts into the DOORS table for the 2 building faces for Guild Lobby and Bazaar. I stumbled upon them while wandering through 3DSpy, clicking on the poknowledge_obj3.eqg file, looking for these buggers... I knew they had to be in there somewhere. Welp, apparently they are, and they were called "facade.mod". Just by dumb luck, I used the door name "FACADE" and it worked. Yay.

Also in these inserts are the clickable doors to get OUT of guild lobby and guild hall, but I hadn't gotten to zone points back out of Bazaar yet (there's at least one that's sorta auto-zone, and I believe the other needs another door hung).

Notes:
* I did remove the primary keys, but did not do any adjusting to the doorid's per zone.
* I'm not sure of those doors I used in the guild lobby and hall are accurate gfx, so check that too.
* Be wary of the extra spaces this forum CODE command might put into the middle of these inserts... I wish I could host a SQL file, but I have nowhere to do that right now.

No further delay, here's your inserts. As usual, backup first, check your columns, and enjoy.

INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (138, 'PoKnowledge', 'FACADE', -370, 1400, -120, 64, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'guildlobby', 18, -46, 6, 0, 0, 0, 100);
INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (139, 'PoKnowledge', 'FACADE', 340, 1445, -120, 445, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'bazaar', -425, 0, -25, 0, 0, 0, 100);

INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (140, 'guildlobby', 'TRANS_ENTRY', -59, 19, 10, 135, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'poknowledge', 1380, -300, -121, 0, 0, 0, 100);
INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (141, 'guildlobby', 'GUILD_DOOR_', 624.45, 48.375, 4.95, 385, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'guildhall', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 105);
INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (142, 'guildlobby', 'GUILD_DOOR_', 624.45, -48.375, 4.95, 385, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'guildhall', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 105);
INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (143, 'guildhall', 'GUILD_DOOR', -162.25, -3.375, 7, 128, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'guildlobby', 0, 585, 0, 180, 0, 0, 100);

If you have trouble, post here and I'll see what I can do.

But if you didn't backup DOORS first, I don't know you. ;)

PS: For Angelox, this work was in Cavedude's raw database. I'm pretty sure it'll slide right in to PEQ and ax_peq. I think the Doors tables are all the same.

I don't get it; these inserts have doorid, but no id? My table begins with id. If 138 - 143 is id then they are already taken. Probably something to do with the way you made the insert?

Also, if you need space or FTP for linking sqls . PM me, and I'll set you up here.

bufferofnewbies
12-16-2006, 03:19 PM
no ID is put in so the system will add them sequentally automatically for different users for their database incase the ones chosen by the creator used something that person already had. I have been doing this also with mine, so there will be fewer conflicts incase someone has been doing mods on their own servers.

But if anyone downloads yours, they will then have your setup and can follow it along in progression. The ID skip is really just so more people can use if they arent useing one of the dbases available for downloads. Of course, the same might be said for doorid. But if someone has been doing door mods to a zone, they probably dont need this insert for that zone.

doorid is the number of the door associated with that particular zone, while ID is just a listing for the database to keep the different doors seperated in their information, if any happen to be totally similar. the doorid field does seem a bit redundant, but Im sure its useful for something Im missing.

Angelox
12-17-2006, 12:18 AM
no ID is put in so the system will add them sequentally automatically for different users for their database incase the ones chosen by the creator used something that person already had. I have been doing this also with mine, so there will be fewer conflicts incase someone has been doing mods on their own servers.

But if anyone downloads yours, they will then have your setup and can follow it along in progression. The ID skip is really just so more people can use if they arent useing one of the dbases available for downloads. Of course, the same might be said for doorid. But if someone has been doing door mods to a zone, they probably dont need this insert for that zone.

doorid is the number of the door associated with that particular zone, while ID is just a listing for the database to keep the different doors seperated in their information, if any happen to be totally similar. the doorid field does seem a bit redundant, but Im sure its useful for something Im missing.

Heh! goes to show how much I know about all this - had I known a while back, I'd still be making MySql updates for the other databases, and there would have been no need for ax_peq database :)
If you follow all my threads backwords in these forums, you'll see what I mean.
Sql updates like this are of much more value, as anyone can use them for what ever they are doing.
I Imagine the worse that could happen is, if you're not careful and make sure you don't already have the doors, you end-up duping your self?
Anyways, I'll add this to the DB for the next time I post an update.

Angelox
12-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Would be nice to see all the ToFS doors working with keys - I think I already have most (if not all) keys dropping there.

HINT! HINT!

bufferofnewbies
12-17-2006, 01:12 AM
lol, ok. let me get some sleep and I will begin the purging of bad bad doors. Up all night trying to stay alive with my Poor cleric (hate those range spells.. tank, get over HERE! crap.. dodge, dodge, defensive casting, combat casting!)

3.5 hates me...

John Adams
12-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Table Indexing 101: (this is by no means a comprehensive look at Indexing, but I hope it helps a little)

FYI, look at the Indexes on a particular table. You should see things like PRIMARY, UNIQUE or plain ol INDEX. There can only be one Primary index per table and is always UNIQUE by nature. In DOORS for instance, PK (primary key) is [id:int(11)], and it is set to auto-increment (but PKs do not have to be numeric, or auto-increment, but that's for another discussion). In this, you never really *need* to put it in your values to generate it. The database looks at it's highest number, increments by 1, and stuffs that value in for you during an insert.

UNIQUE is another type of index and can also be a single field, or combo of fields in a table. For example, if you tried to insert 2 doors like this:

insert into doors (doorid, zone) VALUES (1, 'poknowledge');
insert into doors (doorid, zone) VALUES (2, 'poknowledge');

...that would comply with the UNIQUE index of this table. However, if you tried this query:

...you would get a duplicate entry error and the query would fail at the offending insert.

~breathes~

Now, if you encounter an error inserting anyone's additional data, using the info above, anyone should be able to troubleshoot why and fix the dataset to suit their own needs. For my own inserts up there, my DOORIDs weren't thought out completely. I just incremented blindly passed the max poknowledge doorids, even for guild lobby and guild hall - which I shouldn't have done (no harm, just not consistent). I should have started guildlobby and guildhall doorids at 1 (or 0, if you're a purist).

A fix to my doorids is here:

INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (1, 'guildlobby', 'TRANS_ENTRY', -59, 19, 10, 135, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'poknowledge', 1380, -300, -121, 0, 0, 0, 100);
INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (2, 'guildlobby', 'GUILD_DOOR_', 624.45, 48.375, 4.95, 385, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'guildhall', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 105);
INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (3, 'guildlobby', 'GUILD_DOOR_', 624.45, -48.375, 4.95, 385, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'guildhall', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 105);
INSERT INTO doors (doorid, zone, name, pos_y, pos_x, pos_z, heading, opentype, guild, lockpick, keyitem, triggerdoor, triggertype, doorisopen, door_param, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z, dest_heading, invert_state, incline, size) VALUES (1, 'guildhall', 'GUILD_DOOR', -162.25, -3.375, 7, 128, 58, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'guildlobby', 0, 585, 0, 180, 0, 0, 100);

Hope this info helps anyone who has insert errors with these doors.

J

bufferofnewbies
12-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Would be nice to see all the ToFS doors working with keys - I think I already have most (if not all) keys dropping there.

HINT! HINT!

hey ang, can i get a copy/ paste of the keyid's that trigger each door?

John Adams
12-31-2006, 10:01 AM
Small update to these facades. I see them (proudly) in the ax_peq database, but when I clicked on the guild lobby, I was thrown to my death for 32000 damage. I realized, not everyone may know they need to add the guildlobby and guildhall zones to the table: zone. So here's the inserts.

(I forgot these were not in by default. I used buffers(I think?) missing zones inserts posted in another thread, and forgot these might not be present).

Cavedude Database:
INSERT INTO `zone` (`short_name`, `file_name`, `long_name`, `safe_x`, `safe_y`, `safe_z`, `min_level`, `min_status`, `zoneidnumber`, `timezone`, `maxclients`, `weather`, `underworld`, `minclip`, `maxclip`, `fog_minclip`, `fog_maxclip`, `fog_blue`, `fog_red`, `fog_green`, `sky`, `ztype`, `zone_exp_multiplier`, `walkspeed`, `time_type`, `ldondungeon`, `qflagreq`, `fog_red2`, `fog_green2`, `fog_blue2`, `fog_minclip2`, `fog_maxclip2`, `fog_red3`, `fog_green3`, `fog_blue3`, `fog_minclip3`, `fog_maxclip3`, `fog_red4`, `fog_green4`, `fog_blue4`, `fog_minclip4`, `fog_maxclip4`, `flag_needed`, `canbind`) VALUES ('guildlobby', NULL, 'The Guild Lobby', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 344, 0, 0, 0, -2030, 450, 3000, 450, 3000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0.4, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 450, 3000, 0, 0, 0, 450, 3000, 0, 0, 0, 450, 3000, '', 1);
INSERT INTO `zone` (`short_name`, `file_name`, `long_name`, `safe_x`, `safe_y`, `safe_z`, `min_level`, `min_status`, `zoneidnumber`, `timezone`, `maxclients`, `weather`, `underworld`, `minclip`, `maxclip`, `fog_minclip`, `fog_maxclip`, `fog_blue`, `fog_red`, `fog_green`, `sky`, `ztype`, `zone_exp_multiplier`, `walkspeed`, `time_type`, `ldondungeon`, `qflagreq`, `fog_red2`, `fog_green2`, `fog_blue2`, `fog_minclip2`, `fog_maxclip2`, `fog_red3`, `fog_green3`, `fog_blue3`, `fog_minclip3`, `fog_maxclip3`, `fog_red4`, `fog_green4`, `fog_blue4`, `fog_minclip4`, `fog_maxclip4`, `flag_needed`, `canbind`) VALUES ('guildhall', NULL, 'Guild Hall', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 345, 0, 0, 0, -2030, 450, 3000, 450, 3000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0.4, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 450, 3000, 0, 0, 0, 450, 3000, 0, 0, 0, 450, 3000, '', 0);

PEQ-based databases:
INSERT INTO `zone` ( `short_name` , `file_name` , `long_name` , `safe_x` , `safe_y` , `safe_z` , `min_level` , `min_status` , `zoneidnumber` , `timezone` , `maxclients` , `weather` , `note` , `underworld` , `minclip` , `maxclip` , `fog_minclip` , `fog_maxclip` , `fog_blue` , `fog_red` , `fog_green` , `sky` , `ztype` , `zone_exp_multiplier` , `walkspeed` , `time_type` , `fog_red1` , `fog_green1` , `fog_blue1` , `fog_minclip1` , `fog_maxclip1` , `fog_red2` , `fog_green2` , `fog_blue2` , `fog_minclip2` , `fog_maxclip2` , `fog_red3` , `fog_green3` , `fog_blue3` , `fog_minclip3` , `fog_maxclip3` , `fog_red4` , `fog_green4` , `fog_blue4` , `fog_minclip4` , `fog_maxclip4` , `flag_needed` , `canbind` ) VALUES ('guildlobby', NULL , 'The Guild Lobby', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '344', '0', '0', '0', NULL , '-2030', '450', '3000', '450', '3000', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0.4', '2', '0', '0', '0', '450', '3000', '0', '0', '0', '450', '3000', '0', '0', '0', '450', '3000', '0', '0', '0', '450', '3000', '', '1');
INSERT INTO `zone` ( `short_name` , `file_name` , `long_name` , `safe_x` , `safe_y` , `safe_z` , `min_level` , `min_status` , `zoneidnumber` , `timezone` , `maxclients` , `weather` , `note` , `underworld` , `minclip` , `maxclip` , `fog_minclip` , `fog_maxclip` , `fog_blue` , `fog_red` , `fog_green` , `sky` , `ztype` , `zone_exp_multiplier` , `walkspeed` , `time_type` , `fog_red1` , `fog_green1` , `fog_blue1` , `fog_minclip1` , `fog_maxclip1` , `fog_red2` , `fog_green2` , `fog_blue2` , `fog_minclip2` , `fog_maxclip2` , `fog_red3` , `fog_green3` , `fog_blue3` , `fog_minclip3` , `fog_maxclip3` , `fog_red4` , `fog_green4` , `fog_blue4` , `fog_minclip4` , `fog_maxclip4` , `flag_needed` , `canbind` ) VALUES ('guildhall', NULL , 'Guild Hall', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '345', '0', '0', '0', NULL , '-2030', '450', '3000', '450', '3000', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0.4', '2', '0', '0', '0', '450', '3000', '0', '0', '0', '450', '3000', '0', '0', '0', '450', '3000', '0', '0', '0', '450', '3000', '', '0');
Notes:
I turned off sky and weather in these zones. It looked odd.
I also used the GoD-fixed min/max on fog and clip here, but you can mess with that if you're bored. Make it more like other zones.
Don't forget to restart your World after adding new zones!