PDA

View Full Version : Some zones causing CTDs

Drawde
06-04-2002, 11:14 PM
I've found that with 3.2 and 3.3.1 some zones will cause EQ (eqgame.exe, not EQEmu) to crash to desktop when you enter them, through zoning or #zone. The same thing happens when you restart and try and enter the world with the character in the bad zone, so they have to be moved to a non-CTD zone with #movechar.
This is on a local/minilogin server. The zone server window for the zone that crashed seemed to be displaying messages about unknown client packets or similar, but I sometimes get these messages when logging in anyway. I don't think it's a problem with zone population, most populated zones (many with far more NPCs than the ones that crash) work OK.

The zones that caused crashes for me were Surefall Glade, Frontier Mountains and City of Mist.
Strangely you can start a new character in Surefall Glade OK, but when you try and go back there, you get the CTD error.

Anyone else having this problem? Are there any other zones which cause this error?
Needless to say it's a bit irritating since I'm trying to debug the Kunark zones at the minute.

Yodason
06-05-2002, 12:35 AM
I think that your not imagining that, CTD is common for me. even in not those zones, but if I keep trying i get in

Shawn319
06-05-2002, 08:44 AM
Try deleteing and re-installing EQ (once we get a stable version that works with current patch).