PDA

View Full Version : Minilogin (Private) w/Multiple Servers

John Adams
12-21-2006, 07:53 AM
I don't think this is possible, but I was trying to set up multiple servers connecting to one Login Server (minilogin) so I could easily hop in and out of different server configs without having to change the DB I'm using. Like, having a PEQ server, a Cavedude server, a ax_peq server, etc... all available from my one Minilogin box. What I got was, 3 servers with the exact same name and I am unable to tell which is which. If I change the name, the loginserver.ini doesn't match and I do not see the server.

Is running 2 or more private servers possible with the existing Minilogin.exe?

Thanks!

mattmeck
12-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Minilogin is meant to run your one server, it was never coded to run multiple servers.

Angelox
12-21-2006, 10:59 AM
I don't think this is possible, but I was trying to set up multiple servers connecting to one Login Server (minilogin) so I could easily hop in and out of different server configs without having to change the DB I'm using. Like, having a PEQ server, a Cavedude server, a ax_peq server, etc... all available from my one Minilogin box. What I got was, 3 servers with the exact same name and I am unable to tell which is which. If I change the name, the loginserver.ini doesn't match and I do not see the server.

Is running 2 or more private servers possible with the existing Minilogin.exe?

Thanks!
And I thought I did crazy-arsed things ...
Here's one way to do it; If you have more machines in the LAN , put a Mini-Login on each machine, point it to whichever database, then make a batch file that changes the ip in your host file first, then runs eqgame.exe.
You'll need an option menu to pop up before you start and I have a similar one you can use as a template, posted at my web page.
You could probably have the mini-login on the menu bar so it won'y bother anyone. maybe even run it as a service.
And there you have a crazy-arsed answer!

rojadruid
12-21-2006, 11:21 AM
I may be wrong but, it in theory would work if you set it up like such.

<directory1>
minilogin and all its files.

<directory2>
Emu server #1 and all its files

<directory3>
Emu server #2 and all its files

<directory4>
Emu server #3 and all its files

That should get you three completly different server names in the minilogin server window. Now I could be wrong and smoking too much but I think it might work.

John Adams
12-21-2006, 04:06 PM
<directory1>
minilogin and all its files.
I like how this looked, but I think the problem lies in Minilogin.exe's dependency on it's own loginserver.ini, which only has 1 "worldaddress=" entry. What happens in my current config is this:

Virtual Windows 1 - Runs Minilogin.exe only - all clients point here
Virtual Windows 2 - Runs my "live" server we play on in the house, pointing to VServer 1's Minilogin IP
Virtual Linux FC4 - Runs my one dev/test server, which currently points to it's own login and SQL - but I'd like it to be selectable from the single login server instance.
Virtual Linux FC5 - Experimenting with compatibilities, and again, self sufficient.

Goal is to get those 2 linux instances to use the VS1's LS. I can get all 3 to show up, but have to name them exactly the same as the live one. I'm trying to make [Live], [Dev], and [Test] servers (which beyond that has many other applications).

What I have to do now is simply edit my eqhosts.txt each time I want to try a different server. Sure, a batch to switch them would work - but this experiment is to see if Minilogin can handle it, designed to or not. :)