PDA

View Full Version : Zone heightmaps

mwmdragon
12-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Is there anyone here who can export EQ zone heightmaps? I am not familiar with openzone but i saw it had a directory called heightmaps and was wondering if it exported them as well.

For those unfamiliar with what heightmaps are.. they are greyscale images that can be loaded into special software that will generate 3d terrain using the image file..therefore completely recreating the EQ terrain in a virtual space.

Is anyone able to do this or is there anywhere i can get these heightmaps from?

Thanks in advance,

MWMDRAGON

Sakrateri
12-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Those are heightmaps you make yourself, It is not the original EQ zone heightmaps. I am actually in the process of making heightmaps that resemble as closley as possible some of the original zones but better, Actually if you look at the original Norrath map and then at the in game zones you will see that the zones do not correlate with the world map, I am making the zones to better be in line with the Norrath world map. eg. If you go south out of Greater Faydark you actually would have to go through Elizerain Lake to get to the Steamfont mountains, which is how I have it worked out and also you would have to go WSW out of Greater Faydark to get to Lesser Faydark which would bring you to ButcherBlock. Anyway , back to heightmaps, If you need some besides original ones let me know. Heres an example of Gfay I made , what it should really look like http://www.kheprigames.com/Wayunder.JPG

mwmdragon
12-28-2006, 09:00 PM
I would very much like to have a copy of your collection of heightmaps. How many zones do you have complete?

May I ask how you are going about making these heightmaps?

If you would like to share your heightmaps with me please let me know and I will give you access to a private server to upload them to so there is no hastle trying to find temp hosting just for me to download them

Sakrateri
01-22-2007, 11:27 AM
check your private messages MWM