PDA

View Full Version : Bug Report; quest_globals content disappears

Angelox
01-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Any entry in the quest_global table disappears on log in. A new entry that's made via Perl quest will delete all other entrys. This is since after 933.
with version 933, globals work but limited. for example; if I use world- wide globals, they will delete all the globals in the table when used, So I have to limit to zone-wide globals.
Example;
quest::setglobal("test","2","3","F"); # zonewide.
quest::setglobal("sandy","2","7","F"); #world wide (doesn't work right).
Also, I'm pretty sure the timers do not work - for example, if you want to set a global to "time out" , it will not.

John Adams
01-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Since this is the official bug thread, I'll respost some findings.

In erudnext, Camin.pl, this quest global works as expected on 941:

quest::setglobal("wizepic",1,0,"D30");

The quest did stop working after this, however I found out the reason it stopped was because the Camin NPCs qglobal value in npc_types was set to 0, not 1. Once I changed that, the global was deleted as expected.

Ang, what 's the "F" in your params? What value is that? My understanding is, that last field is the duration the global will last before it expires. In my example, D30 I believe means "store this quest_global for 30 days". Does "F" mean it never should expire?

Do me 2 favors if you have time and desire.
1) Run the Wizard Epic quest - go to Camin in the Vasy Deep Inn in Erudin. You'll have to read up on the first few quest steps between Solomen, Camin, and Dargon. During the first handin to Camin, you should set the global. During the second, it removes it (or should).

2) Do these tests on fresh PEQ database and quest scripts - not yours. Not implying yours are bad, but it removes any speculation that your database or quests might be at fault.

Angelox
01-14-2007, 10:11 AM
The quest globals I made out are according to Wiki - In fact, I can take "questmgr.cpp" from 0933 source, then change a line in "embparser.cpp" to how it was in 0933, place it in any of the newer sources out and compile - it will all work fine again for me. So it is something that has been changed which affects me and maybe a few other people, just like the character lockup on log in.