PDA

View Full Version : Server-wide quests

JrFaust
01-17-2007, 06:06 AM
I quote...
"Server-wide default quest in: $EQEmuDir$/quests/default.pl"
"Zone-wide default quests in: $EQEmuDir$/quests/zonesn/default.pl"

With that in mind can one name a server-wide quest $EQEmuDir$/quests/BillyJoBob.pl and then have a script run BillyJoBob from zone to zone and still work or does one have to have a BillyJoBob.pl in every zone?

Also can one make a pl file for there character and have script for them selves?

For example if I wanted to gather to myself all my minions in a zone on spawn could I?
I'd test this myself but I'm at work and I just got the idea.

Thanks for your time,
Rob

JrFaust
01-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Well I found that
"Server-wide default quest in: $EQEmuDir$/quests/default.pl"
"Zone-wide default quests in: $EQEmuDir$/quests/zonesn/default.pl"
Are the only way they work, bummer.

And I found I can't have a script for my self and have it work, bummer again.

That might be a nice additon to the server code. :-D

Later,
Rob

Cripp
01-17-2007, 02:29 PM
gota have BillyJoBob.pl in each zone folder.. the only quest file that works zonewide / serverwide is default.pl

rojadruid
01-17-2007, 04:35 PM
gota have BillyJoBob.pl in each zone folder.. the only quest file that works zonewide / serverwide is default.pl

isn't checkhandin<sp?>.pl also zone / server wide?

Cripp
01-18-2007, 05:46 AM
well those are plugins.. totally different thing.. i suppose you could make another plugin that does what u want then u can add plugin::your_plugin(); to your quest scripts where u want it used...

JrFaust
01-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Yeah that might work too but the NPC thing I can work around by just copying the pl to all the zones if need be, but it doesn't work for the user.

I wish I could code, I looked through the CVS code and found the questmanager code but after about a half hour of looking at all the code my brain started to hurt. :)

Having a server and zone-wide *.pl's for NPC's and users could be used for some nice GM events. But again I can't code (yet) and it's just an idea so if it's easy to implement then cool if not I'll have to wait till I learn how to code.