PDA

View Full Version : FAQ - KayotRO EQemu SQL Database Editor

Kayot
01-21-2007, 02:12 PM
FAQ - KayotRO EQemu SQL Database Editor

I'll star off with some basic answers to unasked questions.

Q 1.0 - Can I help you build your program?
A 1.0 - For right now I'm keeping it in my kith as it is a mess code wise. Also, I change and break it so often that any poor soul who tried to work with it would be brought to tears in seconds. (As of 0.0.0R002 I actuly broke the main project file and had to rebuild it, meaning remearging all the frm's and moduals) So for now it's just between me and a few slav... err I mean friends... Yea... I may need help later on when it reaches a stable point a.k.a. 1.0.0. For now anything that might be a bug can be reported. I'll tell if it's a bug or in development.

Q 1.1 - What is the Program written in?
A 1.1 - VB.NET 2005

Q 2.0 - How do I report bugs
A 2.0 - Start a topic, and be civil. Don't blame/flame me if your computer turned into a black hole and destroyed all your worldly possessions. Remember that this is technically in alpha stages.

Q 2.1 - Why release an alpha?
A 2.1 - I wanted some exposer. Not to mention, the earlier it gets tested the better the final product will be. And people can give suggestions and if I add them, they will be integrated better.

Q 2.2 - So if I asked you to add something you will?
A 2.2 - Sort of, I'll see if it's relevant. For instance I recently added a possibility to the very end of my list that is probably not going to happen. It's important also to realize that a suggestion may already be on the list.

A good suggestion was brought up and is in development right now. It's the orphan finder that sort of works.

Don't ask for a table editor as of yet. I plan to make it so this program can edit all the tables in some fashion or another.

Q 2.3 - What if I find a spelling error?
A 2.3 - I'm a phonetic speller and vs.net 2005 doesn't (to my knowledge) have a spell checker. So if you find one please report it.

Ok, now questions that came up

Q 10.0 - I got an Error that states blah blah blah 'column name'
A 10.0 - I'll start off by saying, "My database that I'm using in development is a twisted hybrid of PEQ and Angelox. So expect this error in some cases. to fix it you must add the column to your database. For right now, only one of these errors has been reported.

JrFaust - rulesflag (missing) fixed by executing this line.
ALTER TABLE `account` ADD `rulesflag` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

I'll add more later as they come up in discussion.