PDA

View Full Version : Question + Anything needed?

Jibbatwinkers
01-23-2007, 02:42 AM
I don't have all that much to offer but if there is anything you want more fully tested on a different machine let me know. I know that programs and drivers can be tricky sometimes and I want to help out in any way that I can.

My question is are you planning to put any type of path-grid editor into the program? I think this would be nice but definitely at the bottom of the list as far as what is most important. Sorry for the short post I'm just anxious about this program because from what I've seen so far it rocks! :shock:

Kayot
01-24-2007, 01:55 AM
You know, this might freak you out. But yes I was. I was looking at 3D engines (That are free mind you) Monday. While it is way down the list (Probably some time in autumn) I plan to look into making a 3D placement editor. Not just for pathing, but for NPC and Object placement. However that isn't even on a burner. It's speculation that I can even do it. Not to mention the implications of using certain files. Remember, I work on this program in my free time (If my prof. had their way, I'd never have free time.)

Anyway, the first pathing editor will be quite humble. Right now I

sesmar
01-24-2007, 06:27 AM
You can run .net programs on Linux using the Mono Project (http://mono-project.com/Main_Page)

If has full support for .Net framework 1.1 and partial support for 2.0 , full support for 2.0 will be in the Mono 2.0 release. Currently the largest hangup for full 2.0 support is Windows Form and ASP.Net.

Kayot
01-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Cool, mind if I put this as a note in the FAQ? (I'll put your name next to it ^-^)