PDA

View Full Version : is it supposed to work with lan and host?

Darkonig
01-25-2007, 05:25 AM
I have emu setup locally on my network with minilogin. When I startup the server I can login and play fine from host machine (127.0.0.1). If I shut that down and run eq from another machine on my network, I can login and play fine from that machine. IF, while that other machine is still running, I try to login from the host machine, I login and when I get to character select screen I get the character list from the other machine that was already logged in and the other machine locks up.

So, are you supposed to be able to play from the host machine if you are also playing from other machines on the lan? And if so, how are you supposed to configure it.

When I play from host machine I set account minilogin_id to '127.0.0.1'. If I try changing that to my lan network address I get to login screen and server select, but when hit play it just sits there for a bit and goes back to login screen.

Worst case, I can always put the server on another machine, but I would like to find out for sure if it is by design or I have config error.

Thanks for any help.

John Adams
01-25-2007, 08:54 AM
I would look through the Wiki article by Crabclaw (something about minilogin setup). You certainly should be able to do this all without once mentioning 127.0.0.1 in any config. That always leads me to problems.

Darkonig
01-25-2007, 10:47 AM
I read the wiki info for page titled MiniLoginConfig by Crabclaw which implies to me that both the host and others on net should be able to connect. However, in his list at bottom of page it does not explicitly list his IP as one of the usable IP addresses so is somewhat ambiguous.

I am going to post my 3 config files so my error can be found. With this configuration, I cannot get on from host at all, altho it does not disconnect lan users anymore when I try.

LoginServer.ini
### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=192.168.1.47
loginport=5999
worldname=My Minilogin
worldaddress=192.168.1.47
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999

eqemu_config.xml
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>minilogin</shortname>
<longname>My Minilogin</longname>

<address>192.168.1.47</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<loginserver>
<host>192.168.1.47</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<key>some long random string</key>

<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

eqhost.txt
[LoginServer]
Host=192.168.1.47:5999
#Host=eqemulator.net:5998

solid11
01-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Ok, in your loginserver.ini, just change loginserver to 127.0.0.1

On eqemu_config, change <local address> to same as <address>
change loginserver host to 127.0.0.1
under the database host change to 127.0.0.1, localhost may work but i use the before mentioned.

And your eqhost.txt file looks fine.

This is what I use and it works. Hope that helps.

Darkonig
01-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Thank you John Adams and Solid11. I got it working. After making the changes in MiniLoginConfig I had a typo in my minilogin_ip for the account (192.167.1.47 instead of 192.168.1.47). After making solid11's changes and it still didnt get in, I double checked the account addresses and found the mistake. After correcting, solid11's changes worked great, so just to see I went back to MiniLoginConfig setup and it also works.

Originally I was connecting on host machine as 127.0.0.1 which was apparently the cause of initial problem.

John Adams
01-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Originally I was connecting on host machine as 127.0.0.1 which was apparently the cause of initial problem.
Indeed. Glad you got it working.