PDA

View Full Version : Plugins not working

Darkonig
01-30-2007, 02:32 AM
I am running EQEmu server that was installed using the process described in the Wiki page Setting up EQEmu-0.7.0-845 minilogin with mySQL 5.0.24.

I installed everything and server works great, I can login on host machine, other machines on lan, and both at same time.

When I try to do quests, some work and some do not. Upon examining the quest files, the ones that do not work are those that use plugins.

I looked through posts on both this site and ProjectEQ site and found that the plugins needed were located in the plugins directory with the quests directory and moved them into the appropriate plugins directory.

my directory structure is:

EQEmu
|----logs
|----maps
|----plugins
|----quests
|----templates
|----worldui

I looked at the plugins themselves and see how they work. However, they are never being called. Is there any special setup that must be done to use the plugins? Is that capability perhaps not compiled into the binaries included in this setup?

Thanks for any help.

John Adams
01-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Is it possible for you to try a more recent binary of the server? I just did a mage noob scroll handin to Jayna in Neriakb, and got my xp and tissue-paper robe as expected. My dirs are setup like yours, and I do run on Linux. Not sure if that matters. I believe Perl is loaded here too.

Darkonig
01-31-2007, 01:59 AM
Ok, I downloaded the binary for 945 and unzipped it. Then updated the database with changes since 845. Then copied the maps, plugins, and quest directories, and the config files from the 845 version I was using.

The plugins now work and it also corrected a couple other little quirks I was experiencing. Thanks for the suggestion.

John Adams
02-01-2007, 03:54 AM
Normally I detest the "upgrade, and it'll fix stuff" suggestions from software developers (like M$). But this project is a little different. :) Glad it helped.