PDA

View Full Version : Any one know where I can find some good Icons?

Kayot
02-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Any one know where I can find some good Icons?

I'm comming up short on icons as I migrate controls to toolbars. So any place where I can find good 16x16 icons would be nice.

morganpartee
02-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Well my friend, i cant siggest anything really relevant. though i would say make some. which i have done if you need help!!! lol...finally something i can do to help eqemu!

~Morgan

Kayot
02-10-2007, 06:41 AM
I was looking through some Mac icons and some were pretty, but I could not use most of them, as they were in some odd format that WinRAR did not like to extract.

I took a stab at making some, their awful. However, I only need them until I reach 1.0 faze. ^-^ I am taking some Photoshop classes next quarter.

If you can make some icons that look like the blue Mac style (And correspond with what ever the represented editor does), I will put your name in the credits under graphics. I would like it if you did more than one ^-^ (I hate it when someone does one thing just to get credit, Can I say school projects)

You can see the style in the 0.0.3 Release.

morganpartee
02-11-2007, 08:19 AM
ok buddy...ill see what i can do...and yea i hate it too. i feel your pain.

and photoshop isnt too bad to pick up...in TV pro now (9th grade lol) and had to teach some seniors how to do stuff. its much fun.

morganpartee
02-11-2007, 08:19 AM
also, as a sidenote, how bout a pretty little splash screen?

Kayot
02-12-2007, 01:13 AM
^-^ Have you turned on build 0.0.3?

I put in a spash screen with a cool fade in fade out effect. Then for shits and giggles I made the main window fade in. It's all i can do when at school. They won't let me flash the main server with my EQemu SQL file.

I like Sesshomaru and as such I used a picture that was sitting in my archive. It's the same one I use for my avatar on most web boards. (This webboard forbids avatars, shame because mine was cool.)

morganpartee
02-12-2007, 11:04 AM
well..ill see what i can do lol..

and as for school- just run it on a comp that noone ever touches...lol

doesnt take much of a comp to run...or run server at home and IP connect to your server...have fun!

morganpartee
02-12-2007, 11:17 AM
oh and, do you have an aimname or the like you can PM me? it would work better to talk realtime lol...

and i also cant get your 0.0.3 to run... says failed to initialize.

Kayot
02-12-2007, 12:47 PM
You need to Delete your DBData.xml file.

I run the DB on my laptop but the classes are so quiet that my typing pulls the attention of my teacher.

AIM is the devil...Nuff said. I don't Chat with people outside my kith. Something about knowing who I'm chatting with, and if they make me mad I can run down the street to their house to hit them ^-^. Hell, one of them lives next door and I can spit from my window into her room. I like it as it makes me feel connected to them.

morganpartee
02-12-2007, 01:18 PM
ok...huh. ill see bout bootin that up...leseee...
and yea...aim is generally bad...teamspeak roxor lol

morganpartee
02-12-2007, 01:19 PM
ok. no such file there...unless its in teh eqemu folder...

any other ideas? lol

Kayot
02-13-2007, 03:18 AM
Do you have the required Dll's in the same folder with the exe?

morganpartee
02-13-2007, 12:25 PM
yuppers i do...any other ideas? lol

Kayot
02-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Is .net 2.0 installed?

Could you send me a pic of the warning your reciving?

My email is kayosblade@gmail.com Put -=Error Message=- in the subject line to avoid it being trashed by my email client.

morganpartee
02-14-2007, 02:37 PM
DOH LOLOLOL riiiight... .net. goood plan. thanks kayot! lol

Kayot
02-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Did it work?

morganpartee
02-15-2007, 10:32 AM
aye it did and a beautiful tool at that...

can you tell me some buttons you need...

and maybe a vers on teh source i can throw the icons into? i dont plan on doing any reeaal c++ considering i dont know enough of it.

have fun!

Kayot
02-15-2007, 11:27 AM
About The Source Code
For now, the source is private. ^-^ The code changes fast and keeping a current source code is for now impossible. Me and my troop basically split the program over a router and we setup out laptop databases to ping the main server for the current SQL (Good for when we break it, such as erasing a section of the DB when someone forgets to restrict the update command to a single entry ^-^)

Allocated Resources
So far I am pretty much the main programmer, Mirage (Her name on my web board) is design and a little programming (She is SQL inept), though she plays more games than actual design. GreyFox orders the pizza and brings the candy (He programs, but fears the source in this project). Mirage will be doing a hell of a lot more programming when her new Alienware shows up (I hate her, she gets a new toy >_<)

For your design
So, just look at 0.0.4 (Will be released on Fri/Sat/Sun) and brainstorm icons. I am a perfectionist so icon designs may be tossed out. Remember to keep the Photoshop in layers; do not merge the icons as it causes all kinds of future problems.

morganpartee
02-15-2007, 11:54 AM
oooohh pretty post lol

and yea...not all of them will be par. so its ok lol

Kayot
02-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Yea, I'm trying to go for a better fourm style that looks nice but is easy to maintain.

morganpartee
02-16-2007, 10:53 AM
very cool...and yea...when i get aroun to it, ill have some icons for you.