PDA

View Full Version : TOOL - Creating an enhanced quest tool

GeorgeS
03-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm in the process of creating a quest tool - much like quest editor, but far more enhanced. If anyone has any features they want included , nows the time.

The tool will have -
Same functionality as quest editor
plus
debugging scripts (syntax parser)
many many sample script templates
a script wizard
hopefully a built in script tester

GeorgeS

Muuss
03-06-2007, 03:09 AM
Please, do so, so people will stop to ask for an updated version :)

GeorgeS
03-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Work is proceeding in essence well. I'm struggling with writing the rich-text class - it's a real bare. So far flicker, slow response, and assortment of headaches. Your text control (One with the actual perl text) was from a commercial company - perhaps I'll go that route if I cannnot figure out the issues. One the perl text editor is done - then comes the parser, then the debugger then the Perl tester... glad we live a long time...

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
03-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Progress is very good. Interface is done, as are the multitude of reference examples. Testing them is another big time issue, but the more quest syntax fixes I do, the better I'm at writing them. In fact I consider myself an expert already.

Anyway, I'm adding the function to automatically update the reference file from my server, so you always have up to date quest templates.

Coding is going well, and a initial release should be ready in a few days.

Quest writing is best learned from examples, and this is how this program will assist - by coding in quest templates...and more

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
03-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Ok folks, finished the program. You can download it from my website
http://www.wizardportal.shorturl.com/eqemu/eq.html

It has many quest templates (which I verified to work BTW) and a host of editing functions. Hope it eases your editing tasks...

GeorgeS

Ok