PDA

View Full Version : NPC and Spawn file generator

TheClaus
06-06-2002, 04:01 PM
I made this so I didn't have to connect to the database while I was trying to use the admin tools to add spawns. All it does is take the info you give it and make 4 txt files. NPCType.txt, Spawn2.txt, Spawnentry.txt, Spawngroup.txt. It will either create the file if they do not exist or append to it. Made it a bit user friendly. Race, Class, Armor Texture, Zones and some others are pull down menus. Thinking about adding a image box for when you pull down armor texture it will show you what the armor looks like. Hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are problems. I know people like connecting to the db but I was having problems with adding things with the admins so figured this would be the easier of it. Later I might make it where it will call mysql.exe and source the file. Not sure though.

Spawner (http://theclaus.kicks-ass.org/spawner_install.zip)

** Took off the file and added the link to the install file. This will install the correct drivers for people that don't have them.

Symarra
06-07-2002, 01:44 AM
When I ran the progy, I get error file missing or incorrect version on file name :

comdlg32.ocx

I'm at work so I have everything kinda rigged, will try it at home but was just wondering if your progy had to be installed into a certain directory....OR......(this part not your responsibility but)
if you know of a place where I can DL a newer version of the above file?

2.)

Will this let you add/change ALL the data fields? (ie. spawn 49 is a red dragon in everfrost if done inside emulator BUT if hard coded into the DB its the White Lady Vox model.

And eventhough I don't have it running yet, this seems to be the exact tool I've been hoping someone would code!!!!
Thanks for givin it out!

TheClaus
06-07-2002, 01:54 AM
Try downloading the VB6 runtime libraries. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=28337&area=top&ordinal=23

That should help alot. I tried to get the installer working but couldn't figure it out. I'll play around with it today. As for your second question that is done off the armor texture. So for spawn 49 0 is probably lava and 1 is white. Since I forgot that some of the other creatures have textures I might change the format from names to numbers and names.

killspree
06-07-2002, 01:55 AM
Looks nice. Forgot to backup eq before I patched though, so I'll have to wait until next release to test out the stuff. :/

h37lion
06-18-2002, 05:30 PM
I'm really intrigued with your efforts in this program! One quick question for this.. how do we know which number to use when creating a new spawn (ex: in the id field, what is a safe range of 'blanks' to use for creating new npcs?)

I don't want to use an npcid that is already used and cause the emu to bork my database or anything!

morpheus014
07-07-2002, 04:47 PM
first of all i want to say that the tool is great, it is a quick way to create spawns without the speed issues of going direct to the db causes. Anyway, I was wondering if u could set up your tool to use the .map files as windcatchers tool does, which would be really great for making multiple spawns in a zone, etc. as it would let you get locs for spawns much eaiser. Just an idea, but i think it would be a great feature for a future release!

TheClaus
07-09-2002, 01:46 AM
Wow I am surprised. Thought people didn't use it. I was wrong. I'll see about putting the map function in there and let you know when it is done.

TheClaus
07-09-2002, 01:49 AM
Well there is no way to check. Since it doesn't talk to the database at all it doesn't know if ids exist already. I could put some validation check into it where it will look at the txt file and if the id exist it will error out. Let me know what you think and i'll do it.

I'm really intrigued with your efforts in this program! One quick question for this.. how do we know which number to use when creating a new spawn (ex: in the id field, what is a safe range of 'blanks' to use for creating new npcs?)

I don't want to use an npcid that is already used and cause the emu to bork my database or anything!

morpheus014
07-09-2002, 04:03 AM
The idea with spawn numbers would be useful too, but that would require sql stuff right? I just start at 99999 and go down when i spawn stuff =P

TheClaus
07-10-2002, 02:36 AM
Well an idea I did have was to add a prefix in front of the spawnid number so that instead of 1 it would prefix 1000 in front of it or whatever number you put in. The idea was to not let it hit mysql so it would be quicker.

stormgod
07-10-2002, 02:57 AM
you could just add a small button who would connect to mysql and check if a specific id is available , so your not connected to mysql , and it will connect only on demand(and a simple request to see if an id already exist will really not slow down the process )