PDA

View Full Version : EQDragItem\0.png error

herold
03-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey Kayot, your program shows much promise ... haven't gotten it to work yet, but I am still hoping.

I was wondering if you have some sort of installation instructions somewhere?

The way I tried it, I extracted all the files to the same dir and ran the exe ... now I get an error, not many specifics ... but it does mention "EQDragItem\0.png" ... this error occurs when I try to load any char-id. If you need any more info, please let me know and I will try and supply them.

I am trying to find a way to alter surnames outside of EQ (need a surname with a space in it), and your app was suggested.

Kayot
03-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Put the icons into the EQDragItem sub folder from the exe.

I'm currently working on a packing method that will put the icons into a dll that the program will access. That's why my program hasn't been released in almost two weeks. I'm also making some really big function changes that I'm sure will be very useful (They are useful to me ^-^)

herold
03-24-2007, 05:56 AM
The icons (images) are in a sub-folder called EQDragItem, but they are all GIF, not PNG ... and they are named "item_0.xxx", not just the simple "0.xxx" is asks for. I even tried "reformatting" the gif's to png's using ACDSee, but still there is the naming problem.

Where does the dll's need to reside and the exe file? I tried making a folder called "KayotRO" on desktop and placing both exe and dll's inside and all the gif in a sub-folder called "EQDragItem".

Coix
03-24-2007, 06:21 AM
Herold the old version still works if you can get a hold of that. I have the same issue you are having with the new version, but im a programming idiot so i i gave up instantly and went to the old one.

Its a great program tho =P

Kayot
03-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Opps... I fixed that but forgot to release the revision. I'll do some clean up and release the next ver on Sunday night.

herold
03-25-2007, 06:11 AM
No worries ... looking forward to the release.