PDA

View Full Version : Another n00bie question

06-07-2002, 06:45 AM
I see that theres more then 1 db, i have a few questions about them.

1.) What are the diffrenices between them all, is there custom items and mobs or are some more compleate than others, ect...

2.) Can you have more then 1 db running on the server at a time, or is it one at a time.

3.) This is like a follow up to question 2, If you can use more then 1 db, can you get only parts of the of the db running, or do i have to use the full db even though it has broken zones (i.e. cant log into gfay). If you can use just some of the zone that are in the db I would like to know how I can trunicate to the zones/items/quests that i would like.

4.) Are there any easy tutorals on worldbuliding, I know VB, C#, and I know my way around some asm calls. If these have any impact on worldbuliding I would also like to know about haveing some programs that are opensoruce that I can look at to get a feel for whats happening around the emu at world compile and loading at the db(I sleaped through the chapter about databaseing/info calls to exteral programs in secuered connections and we dont use anything like that at where I work[Adobe].

Any help and/or info would be appreaciated, Thank you

stormgod
06-07-2002, 07:31 AM
you can use and only one database at a time

though you can still merge multiple database because worldbuilders are not always working on same zones , ie ariak is working on uber zones when drawde is working on the old world and is beginning to work on velious

lurker is merging actual databases , so if you can use his database it will spare you some time

for each database their are drawbacks but it seems that it can change from computer to computer (ie bad zones are not the same on two computers even with the same database )

best thing is just give a shot at mysql help (mysql.com > documentation )
and to use a tool like mysql front (google : mysql front )

if you have more questions concerning this just reply to this thread

eblan
06-07-2002, 03:04 PM
Aside from the posted topic, i'd recommend against posting any EQLive info on these boards (character names, servers, station ids, and the like) as we all know how itchy Verant(tm) is with the trigger finger... Just a thought... :)

stormgod
06-07-2002, 03:35 PM
yes you'd best change you signature soon before some guide/gm /verant guy see this else you have great chances to be ban