PDA

View Full Version : Request from Community

Kayot
03-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I need some ones DB. I do not mind if passwords are blanked. In fact, I suggest it. Also any information that could be used against any player should be removed. I do need characters as the guild tables will probably work better with them. (Besides, it's always fun to look through inventories. OMG, that is a cool item... How did he get GM gear?!? Holy crap, he has Twinkies)

What would be ideal - Tons of guilds, with lots of rivalry and partnerships. Petitions out the wazu, Logs, logs, and more logs. Every type of log imaginable. I'm talking a log nightmare. A huge command list. I'm not sure what would be good for variables, I'm still not sure which ones are required. Name filters. Launcher, launcher_zones. I need player_corpses (So a backup from just after a guild raid gone bad would be cool), rule_sets, rule_value, and lots of traps would be nice.

I understand that any information I get is to be confidential. I have no intention of ever using the database (in part or full) on any server. Hell, I have no intention of ever running any server beside my little minilogin I fire up for a game night. The reason I am asking for this is because four people really can't make the log/corpse/rule/guild impact I need. I understand if no one wants to give me this, after all a database is like the heart and soul of EQEmu. But I figure, it can't hurt to ask. Other wise I'll have to loop death, and come up with logs... T-T It's a scary thought.

PS. I think it is possible to MD5 the password section. That could be done and the database would still work. And it would also make the database more secure. However password recover would become impossible.

Amra
03-31-2007, 04:50 AM
I'll give you my db but I have a very small userbase. If you want it let me know.

Kayot
04-01-2007, 03:38 AM
Does it have a bunch of guilds, logs, corpses, and petitions? ^-^ Thats mainly what I'm interested in. My server has four (Sometimes 8 if every one comes and brings a laptop) members on a LAN so getting that stuff is hard. Petitions are hard to get because when sitting around the same table people just voice their problems (I have them camp and I drop the items right into their inventory which is fun.)

For some weird reason none of us leave a corpse. The status is set to 0 for all of us (GM tags are off too) and leave a corpse is turned on in variables. We die and no body, wheres the body? All my stuff is still on me too.

So if you have that then I would love a copy. Otherwise it wouldn't be beneficial enough to help. ^-^ There are 6 guild tables, this makes spawn entry look like a joke. And I also plan to make character editor display associated guilds, corpses, petition links (from petition editor), and other stuff that isn't currently supported. We're talking some bad @$$ mods.

Amra
04-01-2007, 04:05 AM
My rule values are set like this

ruleset_id rule_name rule_value

0 Character:MaxLevel 70
0 Character:LeaveNakedCorpses true
0 Combat:BaseCritChance 0.02

and rule_sets are like this

0 default

In variables I increased the corpse decay. Maybe your ruleset doesn't match the rule values? Just a thought.

I don't have guilds currently except one gm guild. Nor any petitions. I am waiting till I have dedicated system before I start pushing my server. So I don't think my db will be of use. But it's here if you want it.

Did you get my pm? I was wondering if you had fixed the item editing problem. Seems to be working fine now.

Can't wait to see this program at it's peak. It's gonna rock.

jeardoebj
04-01-2007, 04:23 AM
in order to leave corpses, you still need the charactersleavecorpses set to true. If you want naked corpses, then you need BOTH set to true. charactersleavecorpses and charactersleavenakedcorpses.

Kayot
04-01-2007, 04:27 AM
I fixed the item editing problem. It used to be based on the selection in Search. I changed it to carry a byte over. So it should work now.

As for the DB, thanks for the offer ^-^. It's more than I got from any where else. Shame it isn't big enough. I'm considering just scrapping the guild editor and logs etc. It would be a nice addition, but without testing information it's like assuming your a good shot without ever firing a round.

I'll work on corpses, and I plan to add in a neat function later on that will grab all corpses and dump them somewhere safe. (or one at a time)

P.S. How do Rules Set work anyway, I looked through the wiki and it doesn't have it listed in the Wiki, The wiki is badly damaged still.

Amra
04-01-2007, 04:33 AM
Thanks jeardoebj =)

Amra
04-01-2007, 05:07 AM
Here is the ruleset guide.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ServerRules#p3