PDA

View Full Version : Questions concerning development

Slayden
03-29-2007, 03:09 AM
Hey guys :)
I have two questions that have been puzzling me, I was hoping anyone could answer them please.

1) EQEmu currently requires EverQuest Titanium to work with, eventually when development expands to work on following expansion packs, will players be able to play EQEmu just using the Titanium pack still, or will further purchases be necessary to play?

2) If EQEmu ever shuts down, will player servers still be accessible & playable?

Thank you very much!

*Edit* I think I may have posted this under the wrong forum, I apologize if I have.

kouhei
03-29-2007, 07:54 AM
1) If they changed the now supported spot if you already have titanium when they say"PATCH TO LIVE" then connect to SOE server and patch to live at that time which will update all your files. SO really no other money should not be needed.

2) Well if you have the mini login you would be able to at least be able to do a lan setup and be able to play.

Slayden
03-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Thank you very much for your response kouhei. I really appreciate it.

I'd like to re-phrase my first question for what I've been wondering though, I could have been more clear.

(1) *If* EQEmu was to change their currently supported stage of EQ from Titanium to Live, could the players of my server still access my server without patching to live, or would they (including myself) be required to patch to Live along with EQEmu?

mattmeck
03-29-2007, 09:25 AM
People an connect to your server depending on what your server runs, so as long as you wouldnt upgrade the server they can still connect.

This does bring up the issue that SOE isnt selling Titanium anymore, there is a new disk set coming out that includes all the expansions.

Im not sure what or if anything has been decided about this.

Slayden
03-30-2007, 03:13 AM
People an connect to your server depending on what your server runs, so as long as you wouldnt upgrade the server they can still connect.

Out of curiosity, technically, could I run an EQEmu server off of the original EQ installation disk? Granted, the players of the server would have to have the same disk & installation as well to connect.

bufferofnewbies
03-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Out of curiosity, technically, could I run an EQEmu server off of the original EQ installation disk? Granted, the players of the server would have to have the same disk & installation as well to connect.

So long as the disk you use is what the server is set to decrypt. When we say 'use titanium' what we mean is 'this emulator knows the codes that are sent from the titanium set and decypher them'.

Thus if you try to use the trilogy with it, you will get errors all over the place. Since it is speaking in a language the server doesnt understand. Different sets have different encryption.

So technically, it would have to be a Titanium CD set for you to be able to use the current Emu. The only way around that is if you know how to set the code for other encryptions, but then... most people who do know how won't be asking that question. And no, setting the encryption isnt something you want to try right out the gate. It requires a good working knowledge of the system.

Slayden
03-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Ahh alrighty, I understand now. Thank you very much for your time and helpful responses :)

hackeroo
06-27-2007, 05:22 PM
how can i find my LS number