PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to change the way mini athenticates

kc7wzl
03-30-2007, 06:08 PM
sorry if this has been asked or not..

I was wandering is there a way to make mini login athenticate logins via names and passwords not via name and IP addy..

here is my delema.. I run a LAN EQ server and my clients are never on the same computer and or the same computers have the same IP addy ( got to love DHCP ) sorry befor you flame I do not have the power to change core network setting nor do I have the power to open up the server throught the DMZ to the internet for public login..

I dont mind making accounts for people using name / password. but the IP thing is a major bump in the road..

what would take 5 mins to get a server running.. can take hours to get going do to IP authen.

sorry for my spelling and grammer.. english is not my stron point in life.. ( no need to point that out I do know and yes I am dumb but I am a nice person )

thank you in advance for any help

kc7wzl

mattmeck
03-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Mini login was never meant to run via user / pass, it was just not coded to do that.

Now there is several work a rounds already posted here that give you several choices on ho to get around it.

Amra
03-31-2007, 08:57 AM
You should be able to use static ip#'s along with DHCP in your router setup. You can have your friends create another setup in their network connections just for your use with your router.

Not sure how to fix the other problem. Some kind of interal ip fowarding program I guess. Or let them access the DB to change the ip.

kc7wzl
03-31-2007, 11:29 AM
I would like to set up static IP but the boss man said no way. I am not able to change any core network setting ( it was hard enough to get them to let me set this up.. )

the other problem would still there even if the IP's went static.. is that no body is assined a cubical it is first come first serve so if even I had static IP's there would be people playing other peoples toon's..

Angelox
03-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Read through this forum , and you'll find some solutions to your problem

mattmeck
04-01-2007, 05:07 AM
Now there is several work a rounds already posted here that give you several choices on how to get around it.

I don't know how to make it simpler, there is at leas 4-5 ways to do what you want already posted in the mini login forums....