PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Database CVS

koldar
04-11-2007, 01:40 AM
Hello,
I am wondering a little bit about the database cvs. I just started looking around the peq_db and I am a little confused. Do I need to retrieve all of the sql scripts and execute them to run 7.0.992? I currently am running the peq database that is available from their site. Can someone help fill in the details for me? I have installed TortioseSVN, but haven't used a CVS before. If I do need to execute all of the scripts, does anyone know a fast way to execute all of them? Thank you for your help with my newbie questions.

Koldar

cavedude
04-11-2007, 03:15 AM
run load_system and load_player.sql found on the CVS, exactly like in the older released package.

rojadruid
04-11-2007, 03:31 PM
run load_system and load_player.sql found on the CVS, exactly like in the older released package.

They don't import into mysql 4.0.23 sadly. one of these days I should get a ver 5 server running.

koldar
04-11-2007, 04:02 PM
I am having problems running the load_player.sql. At first, I had to remove the semi-colon from every line. Now it processes the first few lines then at it keeps giving me an error when it goes to load guild_members.sql and every .sql thereafter. Something about a syntax error. I am using the latest build of 5 for mysql.

cavedude
04-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Both sourced just fine here using MySQL 5.0.27.

If you already have a database of the same name installed you have to run drop_player to remove accounts, toons, inventory, etc and drop_system to remove the heart of the database before sourcing in PEQ. Either that or create a new database. Whenever you upgrade PEQ you just need to run drop_system and then load_system.

koldar
04-11-2007, 04:29 PM
I just down graded to 5.0.27 after reading the comments in the sql files. I am still getting many errors starting with guild_members.sql.

koldar
04-11-2007, 05:02 PM
I complete recreated the peq_cvs database on my side and I was still receiving the error. In the load_player and load_system sql files I changed all of the "source" entries to "\." instead and it worked great. Thanks for the help! Hopefully I'll have my server running soon. :)

techguy84
04-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Nothing seems to work for me. I am using 5.0.27 and I load up mysql command line, create the database then i type
\. C:\peqdb\load_system.sql
and I get errors on each line saying that it couldnt not open file *******.sql. I have tried to remove the source and replace with the \. , removing the ; at the end. Nothing seems to work other than sourcing in each file manually. It works like that but its a pain.

Any ideas.

koldar
04-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Be sure that you prepend the .sql files in the load_system.sql with the path to the file. I had to do that as well. For example: \. c:\sql\xxxxxx.sql

After I did that it worked for me.

cavedude
04-12-2007, 07:24 AM
CD to the dir where the files are stored, then run mysql. At the mysql prompt, run source load_player.sql and source load_system.sql. There is no need to edit either file as long as it's done correctly.

techguy84
04-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Now I feel like a idiot. CD to the dir where the files are stored

You can tell I come from a long line of Windows XP users. Dumb noob dont even know how to use cmd properly.

Thanks cavedude, that fixed everthing. Now if I can just find out what is causing zone to crash using the CVS and Emu v992.

the11plegue
04-30-2007, 12:47 PM
i had teh same problem check ur files i had a peqdb inside the peqdb also when i had the folder made it was orgianlly Ppeqdb make sure its peqdb and that it goes directly to the files and not another folder called peqdb. once i figured out i was being dumb and removed the second file it sourced perfectly :)