PDA

View Full Version : Monk Epic

Wooliedave
04-19-2007, 04:13 AM
I realize this would be on the wrong forum. I was wondering if all of the mobs for the quest can be found at their correct possitions, IE the correct wurms, nameds, such as I believe Black Scar some thing like that. Just askin' for feedback and perhaps a request at a bit of tweakin if need be. :)

So_1337
04-19-2007, 06:41 AM
One of my goals for our server currently is to get all Epic 1.0 quests working correctly. To do this, I've been relying on the quests that PEQ makes available for download, and I know that there are a few small problems with the monk epic. Targin the Rock and Raster aren't in the database (or weren't at the point where we downloaded it and started customizing it), so I had to add them myself.

Past that, I know that Tomekeeper Danl in Erudin doesn't give you Danl's Reference or experience when you turn in the book Immortals like he should. The mobs that drop Immortals are in the database and set to drop it, however.

For our server, monks are close to epic by killing Brother Zephyl or Brother Quinn for the Robe of the Lost Circle, and then getting their Robe of the Whistling Fist. I haven't touched Kaiaren at all, because after reading what all is needed for him to work properly, I was kind of intimidated.

Short version? Monk epic isn't working. But I'm working on it =)

I did all of the necro epic over the past three days, and you've reminded me of a post I need to make here in regards to what's required for submission.

So_1337
04-19-2007, 07:13 AM
Please bear in mind that I'm an idiot, and that until a few minutes ago I didn't realize that there was a way to get a more recent version of the PEQ quests than downloading the Luclin pack. I thought that CVS was for the database only. Argh.

What I posted above may be completely wrong. And now I feel like a complete tool because I may have just duplicated so much effort. Downloading CVS now.

In any case, that raises a question about your post: What database are you using? What quests?

cavedude
04-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Necro quest is already done on PEQ. Monk is close to completion. Check here to see the full list of what quests work and don't work on PEQ: http://projecteq.net/quests

You can see the status of the Epics near the top. I am waiting on a member to hand me the mostly complete Monk epic, and I just started on Berserker. As for Beastlord, Paladin, and Shaman I am not sure of the status of those so if you want to work on those, go for it.

If you want to help out with quest writing, the best way is to join the PEQ Quest Team. Check out our forums http://projecteq.net and drop me a PM there.

So_1337
04-19-2007, 11:54 PM
I feel quite the fool having written the entire thing over two days here at work. However, I can't say I'm that upset, seeing as it was done more accurately by solid11 =)

Am I mistaken in thinking that you need to be a part of the PEQ server to be a part of its quest team? Also bear in mind my quest-writing skill is limited to mostly copying and pasting and learning this as I go along =X

I do have a few small bits of the shaman epic, though. We're now using both your most current database and quest files, so let me see how my work compares to what's on yours now.

I'll post back with an update.

cavedude
04-20-2007, 05:08 AM
No, you don't need to be a part of Grand Creation to write quests. Though, I do recommend checking us out to see everything in action. All the work we do is publically available via CVS and from time to time, will be officially released. So, we aren't a closed sub-community at all.

Your Perl skill level is no concern, there are tons of quests available. You can start small and learn then move on to harder stuff. The quest team isn't structured at all. Nobody is going to tell you what you have to do and there are no deadlines :) I appreciate and welcome any work done by anybody.

So_1337
04-20-2007, 05:49 AM
Sounds good, then. We're currently using your CVS for both the database and quests, so I'm looking at everything that you are. I just wish that the submission criteria from this thread (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17400) were current. Mainly, I'm looking for information about how to handle NPCs that are required for a quest, but aren't in the database yet. I've previously handled it by researching all I can on Illia's (including [and especially] the comments), and finding anything in the database that compares. However, I know you strive for accuracy, and I want to be doing the same.

For instance: The shaman epic starts with a deathspawn from the corpse of Capt_Surestout in Ocean of Tears (very easy to code). Killing him spawns a_lesser_spirit, who isn't in the database. I'd previously created him by basing him off the greater spirits for the same quest that are in North Freeport. In fact, I have a whole string of row values on my clipboard right now, but I need to know how to handle them =P I'd ask in a better place or dig for it myself, but the links are all 404s in the thread I linked above. I just want to know the best way to do this that also creates the least amount of hassle for you.

cavedude
04-20-2007, 05:56 AM
Best way to post general quests for PEQ is on the PEQ forums under the General Quest Posting forum. For epics, look under the proper class' forum and there will be an Epic status thread, you can use that.

That's the best way for me. I like to have the information organized so I can browse through it easier. I don't visit these forums for data much anymore as the PEQ forums keep me plenty busy as is, and often times the bugs reported here have already been reported on PEQ and often times, corrected on CVS.

The PEQ forum is http://projecteq.net

So_1337
04-20-2007, 07:02 AM
I blame you for any bashings I receive for this (http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8887#8887) =P