PDA

View Full Version : How goes the project?

Amra
05-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Just wondering if things are ongoing or you are taking a break.

hope all is well.

John Adams
05-16-2007, 01:11 AM
Because there isn't a patch a day, we're taking a break? ;)

Go review the release dates on previous builds. Note that it's not professional dev team that gets paid to produce results daily. Patience, mi amigo.

Amra
05-16-2007, 10:21 AM
I am well aware of what goes into a project like this. I have been following it since it's conception and have contributed testing as much as I could. I greatly appreciate what has been done. I was simply asking how things were. I don't think that is a lack of patience.

Angelox
05-16-2007, 11:17 AM
I am well aware of what goes into a project like this. I have been following it since it's conception and have contributed testing as much as I could. I greatly appreciate what has been done. I was simply asking how things were. I don't think that is a lack of patience.

Bah! don't listen to John Adams, he's just a mean'ol man :)

Kayot
05-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Sorry, I have just been away for a while. By away I mean that I have moved. I am living with these two sisters who are both nempho lesbians. I moved to be closer to my school and the ad was cheap ($200 a month, for one of the rooms with electric and water). I had no idea that they were like that and naturally assumed that things would be uneventful as lesbians usually hate men. My goal was to duck and cover while living here. Now I am living every mans fantasy, but it's more like a nightmare. I barely get to play on my computer and I am slipping behind in my studies. Which brings me to the reasons behind my delays.

I normally do programming at my work rather than homework which I did at home. Now I have practically no time at home (They wear me out even when I fall asleep. I did not even think it was possible either.) So, I've been doing all my homework at work with only 5 hours or less sleep each night. I'm not going to bitch about it to them because that's what got the last roommate kicked out. When they started, I was sure I could keep up. A lesson to all men, it cannot be done. And just when you think you can, they'll have a sleep over.

As for my report:

I have made very little to no progress at all. The only reason I can still play games is because they play them too. Usually while doing other things...

The tradeskill editor does not support fixed tradeskill containers.

Grid Editor only loads and does not save.

Book editor loads, but cannot save.

Admin and Guild editor are not in development due to a lack of entries.

Tribute editor/ Skill editor are not being developed, no reason as so far these tables are best left alone unless the server support 66+ levels.

Script editor - No development, I do not get time to even play with the EQ db, more than not scripts.

Reverse Compatibility - I am thinking of removing this. Any one who needs it is using MySQL 4.0 which this editor does not support. An ironic and sad situation.

A new pretty About window (I was board and paying partial attention to my teacher... That when I wrote this post ^-^)

I plan to merge the settings files together. I also want to make the program store dumps in memory instead of a file. I want to get tradeskills working with stationary containers. I am still working on Export/Import and generally making the whole program work better. DB backup will be fun to code.

I am considering rewriting the whole program from scratch as the current design while complete and useful is lacking in expandability. I am sure I could make class files and a few new controls that would lower the code needed by a great amount. Not to mention I can plan the entire scope now that I've seen the whole database. Of course, this is up to debate. And if I can figure it out, I may write the program in C++. Though it seems hopeless. I should probably stick with VB.NET. It is slow but reliable.

P.S. Do not get me wrong, I do enjoy being here (This house) and it is a lot of fun. The best part is no one believes me. And it *IS* worth not being able to program. Though my hentai collection is collecting dust now.

Oh, and I'll release a new version as soon as I finish the new about window. It'll probably happen tomorrow during class.

John Adams
05-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Bah! don't listen to John Adams, he's just a mean'ol man :)
Hey, who you callin old? :D

Edit: Oops! Allow me to make a JA-Server-First and apologize for my insensitive reply. I actually hadn't noticed this was a KayotRO post (doh) - I thought you were asking about EQEmu itself (server code)

Seriously, sorry to seem edgy. It's been a rough few mos heh.

Amra
05-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Kayot: Glad things are going good for you haha Maybe you can write a book about your adventures :p

Thanks for the update!

Look forward to the next release.

John: It's Np, man. ;-)

dudeman123
05-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Sorry, I have just been away for a while. By away I mean that I have moved. I am living with these two sisters who are both nempho lesbians.

That's an awesome excuse haha