PDA

View Full Version : More editing potential.

ChaosSlayer
05-17-2007, 01:40 PM
First of all i want to congratulate EQ-emulator community and AMAZING WORK they have done!

Onto features requests...
I have been lookign at PEQ DB stored data and there stil lots of things which are could be implemented to be controlled:

-change of charactor Deity
-change of charactor class and race (I know this can be done in game with GM command but i fail to find those values in actual DB...)
-directly giving char AA points (as well as setting them in such way that char automaticly gets AAs when he levels up) - this could be usefull to make EQ complitly skill driven
-Adjustment of stats formulas (i like to be able to set HOW STA calculated into HP for each class, as well how much regeneration each class gets), as well as seting dmg modifier, formula for combat dodge etc etc etc
-being able to say what are the chance for player to obtain a skill in something while doing it (using slashing weapon), as well set how many skill points char can get per level.
-Rename things like deities, zones, classes, names of resistance types (adding new types of resistances/spells would be awsome)
-Alows special spells to target by race rather than just by body type (such as gnoll only spells, goblin only spells, or insect spells etc)

Thank You and keep up the great work!

Kayot
05-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Do you want to do these changes in-game or in the DB?

If you don't mind editing the DB then heres a quick run down.

-change of charactor Deity
-change of charactor class and race (I know this can be done in game with GM command but i fail to find those values in actual DB...)
These two are in the profile field. Read eq_packet_structs for information on where.

-directly giving char AA points (as well as setting them in such way that char automaticly gets AAs when he levels up) - this could be usefull to make EQ complitly skill driven
While you could use a stored proceedure, I think the player would have to log out and back in. Also AA points are stored in the profile which is a BLOB so I not sure a stored proceedure would work here.

-Adjustment of stats formulas (i like to be able to set HOW STA calculated into HP for each class, as well how much regeneration each class gets), as well as seting dmg modifier, formula for combat dodge etc etc etc
Some of these are set in the Variables table. If their not there then you will have to edit the source and then you code probably won't be added to the repository. So your server would be custom.

-being able to say what are the chance for player to obtain a skill in something while doing it (using slashing weapon), as well set how many skill points char can get per level.
Again, You'll need to edit the servers source for the chance to gain a level and how many skill points the user gets per level.

-Rename things like deities, zones, classes, names of resistance types (adding new types of resistances/spells would be awsome)
This would require editing the client which would violate the EULA on Everquest. ^-^ though it's entirely possible if you can understand assembly. And of course, you don't mind distributing a hacked copy.

You can however, rename zones in the zone table. However, you shouldn't edit the short names, only the long as only the long names are displayed client side.

-Alows special spells to target by race rather than just by body type (such as gnoll only spells, goblin only spells, or insect spells etc)
This may be possible through a combination of editing the Server Source, the clients assembly, and the spell tables. A lot of work, no?

My program can take care of the profile editing, but most of what you want will require a lot of work. So, ^-^ I wish you luck.

ChaosSlayer
05-20-2007, 07:14 AM
Big thanks for pointing me in the righth direction =)
You have been most helpfull =)
I guess I will leave client alone, and concentrate on looking into server source code.
thanks again!

ChaosSlayer
05-21-2007, 04:02 PM
another question for you if you don't mind: is it posible to alter coin value?
Instead of conversion on base of 10, to have conversion on base of a 100?
So 100 coper = 1 silver, etc.
Like in eq2.

thanks again =)

Kayot
05-23-2007, 01:48 PM
God I wish, I found the coins in the Database but changing their values didn't do anything (I want to make them weightless and worth 100x) I think you can edit the source code and change that information. Though I have yet to compile a server ^-^ I lost the How To guide for VS2005 Not express.

In a way, I hope EQ2emu comes out soon. I loved the new systems, it made sense and I played for a whole month without getting board.

ChaosSlayer
05-23-2007, 03:29 PM
hehe thanks. i guess i keep looking.

yeah eq2 engine prety nice gameplay wise - how classes done, spell system, but unfortunately i like eq1 luclin models much more than how they look in eq2 =)