PDA

View Full Version : Version 0.1.1

Kayot
05-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Status - Does anyone even read this?

Eqemu Edit 0.1.1 (http://kayosblade.googlepages.com/KayotRO_EQemu_Editor.rar)

Changes
I went though and rebuilt the entire applications source code. It is now faster (compared to what?) and easer for me to read. Some of the code was redundant and is now faster on execution.
Scripting Lexicon - A 'book' of scripting information is embedded in the program. I still need to add some credits into the credits. Check the book out, you may like it. And if you like just the book it is available for separate download in another post below this one.
I've started XML Export coding. You can now Export a character. However import isn't finished so it's a party trick for now.
I also changed the way character editor loads data, it now deletes the Dump file between loads. ^-^
Merged the settings files, removed the pathetic reverse compatibility as no one was really using it. No one ever posted what versions (of eqemu) they were using so consider this a backlash of anti-communication.

That sums it up. ^-^ Please play with the export and make bug reports. Though I'm sure I'll get like one bug report ^-^ <---- Is used to the quiet. Also, feel free to request features.

John Adams
05-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Read, download, install, and test, my friend. :) I "QA" for a living tho, so sometimes I just cannot force myself to write another analysis. Lookin very nice tho.

mattmeck
05-25-2007, 03:08 PM

I read every single post on the forums, so worse case it will be me reading it =P

Amra
05-25-2007, 04:16 PM
I always read. I read your updates and crazy stories haha!

I love your additude, Kayot. You rock ;-)

ChaosSlayer
05-26-2007, 06:31 AM
when tryign to open anything (like npc or item) i am geting the same error everywhere

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Connection must be valid and open
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.CheckState()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader( CommandBehavior behavior)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader( )
at EQemu_SQL_Editor.frmStartingEditor.Load_Items()
at EQemu_SQL_Editor.frmStartingEditor.lstClass_Select edIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChange d(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
KayotRO's EQemu SQL Editor Merged
Assembly Version: 1.0.2701.31826
Win32 Version: 1.0.2701.31826
CodeBase: file:///D:/games/EMULATOR/KayotRO_EQemu_Editor/EQemu%20SQL%20Database%20Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

jimbabwe
05-26-2007, 06:39 AM
System.InvalidOperationException: Connection must be valid and open

Looks like it can't make a connection to your database. Are your settings correct?

ChaosSlayer
05-26-2007, 06:43 AM
as far as i can tell they are
they identical to settings i use for all editors writen by GeorgeS

Kayot
05-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I need some more information:

Bug Report Template

MySQL Ver: 4.0/4.1/5.0

EQemu Ver: 0.0.0R000

Database type: PEQ/Angelox/Hybrid

What you did to create error - Only use if you did something to cause the error. Like dragging an item or saving an integer. A good bug is using the symbol ' in any text field.

ChaosSlayer
05-27-2007, 03:04 AM
mySQl 5.0
EQEmu 0.7.0-992
Db PEQ
What you did to create error : tried to open anything =)

Error: DB error: Unhandled exception has occured in your applictaion. Connection must be valid and open.

Amra
05-27-2007, 03:12 AM
The editor does seem to time out (connection to the DB) after a while. This may be the problem you are having. It seems to happen in a shorter period of time than it used to.

Kayot
05-27-2007, 06:34 AM
^-^ I think I know why it times out sooner, I had a bunch of redundant code that was reopening the connection. I removed it so the editor would move faster.

I can solve it with a timer that reconnects the database every hour or so. Any idea's how long it stays connected? I've tested functionality but I've never done a stress test. I remember eAthena had to reconnect the DB every seven hours of inactivity.

As for the connection error, I had a connection issue on my Test System. I'm quickly fixing it. Sorry about that. It may have something to do with the connection not closing during the settings resave.

Kayot
05-27-2007, 07:06 AM
Status - Emergency Update

Eqemu SQL Editor (http://kayosblade.googlepages.com/KayotRO_EQemu_Editor.rar)

Updates
Fixed - Login should now work perfeckty ^-^
Character Editor - A total revamp on the code now makes this faster than ever. I learned to use DirectCast which turned an already revised loop that would check 318 image boxes every time an item was loaded. So a full inventory would loop 101,124 times not to mention check stack size. So it's much faster now. ^-^ You get to have it before next Friday. Also, by direct casting I removed a huge array. Now if I could get around the BLOB file taking so dam long to dump.

Notes: I still have to fix a script entry in the Lexicon. ^-^

Update Reason - Turns out when I rebuilt the Login I Forgot to recall the Database connect. Since I was fixing it I also removed the splash screen that shows up over the database connect and removed the second Warning pop up that was the same as the first. Also there is now some common information in the blank on load of a non existent Settings.XML.

Amra
05-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Off the top of my head it's pretty short. Maybe 30min-an hour. But I could be wrong =)

EDIT: NM =)

Amra
05-27-2007, 07:16 AM
The archive is corrupt.

Kayot
05-27-2007, 07:28 AM
I just downloaded it and it opened for me. Are you using Winrar?

Maybe I should pick a new distribution software. I was thinking 7-zip Self Extracting.

Amra
05-27-2007, 07:36 AM
I tried both winrar and 7-Zip, no luck. Must be a problem on my end.

Kayot
05-27-2007, 07:43 AM
I'll make an self-installer (yuck) and post it to the board. ^-^

P.S. After looking at this option I must ask, is anyone else having a problem extracting the archive?

ChaosSlayer
05-27-2007, 10:13 AM
well my archive file is openign fine, but i got a new error =)

when tryign to access char editor or npc editor

#42000 You have an error in your SQL syntax
incorect syntax near 'and componentcount >= order by item_id' at line 1

on opening item editor:

#42000 You have an error in your SQL syntax
Failed to populate DB
Incorect syntax near " at line 1

Kayot
05-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Now that is a weird error, the only part of the editor that has componentcount is the tradeskill editor. That shouldn't effect loading character_ and npc_types at all.

What DB are you using?

P.S. Could you take a full screen shot and submit it to any photo sharing site. I think it might help me to see the warning.

P.S.2 Ah, I think I know your problem. I haven't put any safe guards in yet. When clicking open you have to put something in the blank other wise it breaks the sql command. I'll spend this week putting in some safety's to prevent loading a '' entry. ^-^ It's about time I made it break proof. Though I only get to Wednesday, my room mates will be back Thursday which means no computer time.

ChaosSlayer
05-27-2007, 12:17 PM
umm I see.. this is kind of... not a user friendly feature if proramm expects me to know dozens of multydigit IDs of thigns i want to edit =)
i thought the program would open a search window for me to search by name etc =)

the char editor with ability to edit stats and deyty is awsome thought
still crash on Save =)

Error message below and i will try to post a screenshot later on

Arithmetic operation resulted in overflow!

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at EQemu_SQL_Editor.frmCharacterEditor.Save_Values_to _Array()
at EQemu_SQL_Editor.frmCharacterEditor.cmdSave_Click( Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Obje ct key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(Event Args e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(Eve ntArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventIntera ctive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(Event Args e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEven tArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
KayotRO's EQemu SQL Editor Merged
Assembly Version: 1.0.2703.24324
Win32 Version: 1.0.2703.24324
CodeBase: file:///D:/games/EMULATOR/KayotRO_EQemu_Editor/EQemu%20SQL%20Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Kayot
05-27-2007, 02:48 PM
On the tool bar there is a button that opens the search window. I'll probably add a feature that will auto open it when the number blank is empty.

The error your getting on save is because the values can't exceed 256 (One byte). I'm going to put in some safety's in the next ver. I think it's time to make the program crash proof.

ChaosSlayer
05-27-2007, 03:24 PM
values can't exceed 256

if this is size of stored data..then how its posible to predict whats the limit?
like STR 100 + 500 plat in the bank is too much, but 70 STR and 20 plat will work?
some selection of combos producing an overflow? which ones?

Kayot
05-27-2007, 03:46 PM
^-^ Each value can be a number ranging from 0-256. I'm still working on the loader though. I didn't even think about coins. I'll recode this and fix my Duh moment. Consider this a bug until I set it up to use Integers instead. And don't edit any characters.

Originaly the new system was made so Importing and Exporting of character files would be possible. A few tweaks will fix this. Mainly I have to increase the size of the array values to Integers.

Looks like I have some work cut out for me.

TODO
Put a check for letters in number blanks.
Setup a Replace that will exchange ' into '' and back to allow ' in Text Fields
Make it so a Blank in any lookup field will skip a load and turn on the search engine. Preferable set the search engine to the proper search type.
Change Byte to Int to allow larger values/ or build a sub that will combine and divide blanks based on their maximum values. Latter is preferred.
Put a number limiter on many Text Fields to prevent overflows.
Setup XML Import to work so It's no longer a party trick, see about adding a compression function so the XML files will be smaller... Most of the file is impossible to read anyway.

^-^ I'll get on that list in the morning.

ChaosSlayer
05-27-2007, 04:31 PM
just made a little experiment

it appears it was the 500 plat i put into bank that were crushing the save =)

took my Agnostic Barberian Warrior (a test char) and converted him into Dark Elf Monk of Karana =)

will see if it works in game- in worst case scenario i will just delete him =)

ChaosSlayer
05-27-2007, 06:22 PM
in game report: my char has succesefuly changed from barbi warrior to dark elf monk, despite all the bronze armor on him =)
The deity however is questionable: the editor reports that deity is Karana but in game I am been shown Agnostic

Amra
05-28-2007, 04:18 AM
I had to extract it with another computer. I tried Alpha Zip on the other computer didn't work. Then I tried WinRar on that computer and it worked. Wierd. I never had a problem like that before. Have you changed the version of WinRar since the last time you issued a release?

Anyway, It's working =)

I haven't yet had a problem opening items or saving characters. I will play around and try to break it.