PDA

View Full Version : Noobie question

oghog
05-29-2007, 04:48 AM
Ok I have searched and cant find anything on this.

I followed Techguy's latest server installation guide. So I've installed perl , using PEQ and copied the files I downloaded using winCVS to my EQEmu\Quest folder.

I can see all the quests in there and if I open them I can see the perl script.

What happens is, I can get the text from an NPC, (say the dark elf in Neriak that does the initiate symbol of Inny) to get the 4 items he requests (4 woven grass amulets) , but when I turn those and and he just eats them. I checked and the quest is marked as completed and verified on PEQ's site.

This is just one example. I have tried several and nothing works so, im pretty sure i've noob'd something up....

Any suggestions?

Secrets
05-29-2007, 05:11 AM
Could you post the script here to make sure it is valid?

Also, if you modified any part of the quest, remember to use the command #reloadpl in-game.

Dargon
05-29-2007, 05:16 AM
What version of MySQL are you using... I had a similar problem and I think it was related to the MySQL.ini file...something about strict rule... I forget

oghog
05-29-2007, 06:23 AM
MySQL v5.0.37

Here is some info on the quest I used as an example.

http://www.projecteq.net/quests/quests.php?z=neriakc

Quest named Innoruuk initiate

also

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=169

Thanks for the help so far!

Secrets
05-29-2007, 06:40 AM
I checked the script in my version of PEQ's release..

I think it's just a bug with their quest release.

You need to add the sub EVENT_ITEM into the quest, like this:

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 14550 => 4))
{
quest::summonitem(1369,1);
quest::say("You have done well, young initiate. I grant you this medallion invested with the divine hatred of Innoruuk. Wear it proudly as a representation of your importance to these sacred spires. Now, if you will excuse me, I must proceed with the burning of these pathetic halfling symbols of faith.");
quest::faction(87,10);
quest::faction(69,10);
quest::faction(155,10);
quest::faction(260,-10);
}
}

To the bottom of the file.

Hope that helps. Also, there is a wiki page that helps understand it, but seeing a complete part should be enough to understand it (trust me, it's not easy starting from scratch!)

oghog
05-29-2007, 09:31 AM
OK ill try that, thanks alot for the quick reply.

One more noob question....

If I want to update to the latest quest/items from PEQ and I am using WinCVS, once I get the latest files do i have to re-source those in MySQL using the same procedure i used when i first set up the server or is there a more simple procedure?

Secrets
05-29-2007, 09:55 AM
OK ill try that, thanks alot for the quick reply.

One more noob question....

If I want to update to the latest quest/items from PEQ and I am using WinCVS, once I get the latest files do i have to re-source those in MySQL using the same procedure i used when i first set up the server or is there a more simple procedure?

When you source them, I believe all you should have to do is insert the new ones by item ID. You should be able to see which ID is the item ID from the queries.

Just can snip off the items that way, or I am sure there is an easier way, but that seems easy as it is.

Darkonig
05-30-2007, 03:47 AM
When you unzip the quests download it you get a directory containing all of the zone directories and also in that same directory a directory named plugins.
Move the directory plugins to your emu directory.

emudir
--- plugins
--- quests

instead of

emudir
--- quests
| --- plugins

If you don't have the plugins directory in the emu directory they wont be found.

Any script that does not use plugins will work fine regardless.