PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spell self buffing issue

Zard
06-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I am having an issue getting custom NPC's to use thier spells that would be in line with thier specific class.
For example, I created a translocator NPC in Poknowledge and assigned a .pl quest which is working fine. The problem is even when it appears I have given my NPC the proper spellsID for the wizard class, he does not seem to want to self buff himself when he spawns. He should shield himself, cast a familiar, ect...
I believe it was Angelox's database where I did see this working and created one of my own previously...but I seem to be unable to get it working with the PEQ database. I lost the other database or I would compare :/
The NPC's class is 12, and for NPCID I have tried both 2, and 514 with no luck as of yet.
I searched for a while and did not turn up anything or was not using the right keywords.

Thanks for any assistance.

EDIT----

Ok I did manage to recover the npc_types from my previous databast this worked on and the spellID was listed as 214 for a wizzy, I made the change with no luck there either....

Angelox
06-01-2007, 11:56 PM
I made a lot of spellsets in ax_peq and ax_classic that are not in PEQ. The "Default Pet <class here> List" is the original default caster list, which was moved away from the 1-12 range for a number of reasons, for example; not all the NPC casters in the game carry pets (only some do), all the casters spam too much by self casting many buff spells they don't even use on live, casters that could sow, were sowing everything in sight and in the dungeons too (this is not normal). The widely used spell "blind" (or "flash of light") is not a common NPC caster spell, in fact , I only recall muddites in Beholders with this spell.
So, since common caster npcs are assigned to one of id 1 -12, I re numbered 1-12 to 213-224, and started a more reasonable spell list for common casters with the 1-12 range - this saved me a lot of time of having to go though the whole database. fixing casters that were already assigned to the 1-12 range. I now could take "special" npc's and give them a "pet" and buff spell set.
This is probably far from perfect (I still need/am creating custom spellsets for special NPCs) , but *much* better than it was before. A side benefit from this was, dungeons with many casters (like Droga and Nurga), don't have pets spamming the zin (they don't use pets on live anyway).

Anyway, I did implement part of this idea to PEQ and I can see the original spellset there , the range is just different: 514 - 524 , so you would have to use the latter range.
But the self buff spells should work on PEQ in the 1-12 range also, as the only difference there is 1-12 has no pets and 514 - 524 does. the rest is the same.
You will not be able to use a lot of stuff from ax_peq/ax_classic to peq, unless you renumber them to match.
Make sure you restart your server when you make changes like this to the database; I believe spellsets are loaded into memory at startup, and changes will not take unless restarted.

Zard
06-02-2007, 05:28 AM
Hmmm I will have to mess around with the database some more to find the reason it is not working. I have already tried 514 & 2 as the ID for a wizzy with no success to get the NPC to buff himself. I shut down and restart after the change as well.

Is there a known NPC in the PEQ database that buffs him/herself upon spawning that I can compare a working example to? I tried for the life of me to remember a place to look as an example, but pyzin (if i spelled it correctly) in quenos hills that was set up by PEQ team doesn't cast a pet of her own either :/
Bots buff fine (Magoths code), so this is were I initially spied to find a correct spellID to use. Perhaps I have a bigger issue in my database if I cannot find an NPC from the PEQ team that has this working.

Angelox
06-02-2007, 07:02 AM
Any caster NPC in the PEQ database will buff himself regardless whichever set you use. Make sure you have "other npc" spells enabled in your client - at one time I thought mine were not buffing, and it was a setting in my client.

Zard
06-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Ok, I changed my start.bat file back to load the eqemu without Magoth's bot files. I popped into poknowledge to check on my little wizard and boom, he's casting away, making a pet and all. So I now believe this to be a bug based from Magoths eqoffline. I will post this in the proper forum and perhaps there is a fix. Thats a hard choice on a solo server. Bot fun or no npc spell casting..... :smile:

EDIT-----
BTW thanks for the advice Angelox. I also wanted to let you know that a restart is not necessary from just testing it out myself.
I targeted my NPC and #npcedit spells 514 ( i changed it from 2 )
#repop
after the repop he casted his pet.

FYI & thanks again.