PDA

View Full Version : Item Editor & Event Viewer Source

06-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I was looking through my hard drive and came by some old C# programs I had developed for EQEMu. Both were still in their 'beta' phase and I looked through them quickly and il admit I did not do the greatest job on these nor are they commented well. However I figured it best to atleast let people download them and mess with them if they wish.

These include the full source and the last built executable for them. If you are looking to understand basic database manipulation using C# programs I advise the Event Viewer as it is pretty basic and should be easy to pick up.

They are available here on SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=41381&package_id=233676

You will need the Mysql Connector for C# for the Mysql Reference which can be found here:
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/1.0.html

ChaosSlayer
06-02-2007, 06:23 PM
here is one more for you GeogreS:

in your spawn editor add a feature to ask user for spawn id number when clicking on make new Id button (just like in your NPC editor)

another thing - in npc editor when doing COPY, the ditor some times gives an error and crashes (but npc still succesefuly copied and in working condition afterwords) so its like there are 2 types of NPCs - 1 type it copies well wihotu an error, on 2nd type it copies but them crashes.
i am taking a wild guess here but i think this is Luclin faces fields related (as far as i coudl track this down)

if NPC has any of luclin faces options non zero, editor will crash after copying
this includes mobs who do not even have a face to speak of =)

06-03-2007, 08:09 AM
I didn't know I had a NPC editor up there ;)

Think you got your posts mixed up :P

ChaosSlayer
06-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I was refering to GeogreS' editor =P

Amra
06-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks, Image. I am having fun with the source =)

06-04-2007, 03:06 PM
No problem, let me know if you have any questions I will try my best to answer them.

techguy84
06-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Hmm

image = GeorgeS

Nahh it cant be.... lol

Thanks indeed for the up image. Every tool helps with working with such a massivly complex database and the overly crappy tools of MySQL.

11-09-2008, 03:05 PM
I upgraded the tool to support 0.7.0+, this is only the release, no source code right now. The same functionality as before.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/eqemu/ItemEditorv1.10.zip

calasoren
12-30-2008, 02:32 AM
im on rev245

when connecting gives me this

Unable to load items into memory.
Unable to cast object of type 'System.Byte' to type 'System.String'.
at ItemEditor.Database.loadItemsArray(DataTable data)

03-27-2009, 03:06 PM
I will take a look at this sometime, but I haven't seen this issue on my 0.7.0 database.

(Yes I know this is an old post, but im going to be updating the item editor eventually).

Zabeeble
09-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Wish I could see the rest of it, though. Strange error. Could be my fault, as I'm a total noob at EQEmu. :D But maybe you can make sense of it and help me.

Your database version is incompatible with the version selected in the ItemEditor.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'range,banedmgamt,banedmgbody,banedmgrace,elemdmgt ype,elemdmgamt,augslot1type,aug' at line 1
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.CheckForError( )
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.ReadHeader()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.OpenPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(Int 64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.CommandResult.ReadNextResul t(Boolean isFirst)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.CommandResult..ctor(Driver d, Boolean isBinary)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.SendQuery(Byte[] bytes, Int32 length, Boolean consume)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.GetNextResultS et(MySqlDataReader reader)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult( )
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader( CommandBehavior behavior)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.System.Data.ID bCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(Data Set dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
at ItemEditor.Database.getItems()

I'm using EQEmu 946 with ax_classic_3.10o_R42. The game runs, so I'm not sure what the DB problem is.

Andrew80k
09-02-2009, 06:42 PM
The code is probably built against an older version of the database as the first line says. You'll either need image to update it or you'll need the source to do it yourself. I'm not sure if the source was ever released for the 0.7.0 version though.

Zabeeble
09-02-2009, 06:53 PM
I guess my search for an item editor will keep on... (*shields eyes from sunlight as he looks boldly into the future*)

GeorgeS
09-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Looks like a similar error I noticed in my tools. The error stems from using range without the `range` quotes.
This has to be fixed in code however, and also earlier versions of mysql may not complain about reserved words

GeorgeS

Zabeeble
09-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Since you were so kind as to include a link in your sig, George, I've decided that I'll try your editor next. :)