PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter charm issues/questions

oghog
06-04-2007, 06:49 AM
First off, not 100% sure about the comparing to Live as its been 3 years, but I played an Enchanter in a raiding guild for a while, so Im giving you my best recollection (God help us all) :D

With charm spells, some things ive noticed are:

Spells work as intended but there is no pet box that pops up.

You can still use commands such as /pet attack, /pet back off, etc.

Also pets attack mezzed mobs that have attacked their master unless you back them off first.

There is no way to break the charm. On live you could hide (if you are a dark elf like me) or cast invis on yourself. Currently the only way to break charm is to let it wear off.

Thanks!

Sprig
06-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Charm can be broken with /pet get lost , at least it can on the druid charms.
I see no reason why it would be otherwise with enchanter charms.

that said the pet box would be nice to have

-sprig

Hao3w
07-02-2007, 01:07 AM
that said the pet box would be nice to have

Qillz
12-26-2007, 05:13 AM
I've experienced all of the issues listed above. Also, the charmed pet health bar does not show up in the group window under your health bar like on live, so without targeting pet you cannot tell it's health.

Faza
04-11-2008, 02:37 PM
anyone know where the 1-charmed-pet-per-character rule is rooted?

was wondering about, say, an AE charm spell or just the ability to recast charm on new pets ... i didn't see a check within the spell to see if the player already has a charmed pet, but i didn't look as closely as i'm sure you all have

Gegan
09-09-2008, 08:50 AM
I also noticed no wear off message for charm...as a bard with short duration charms it can be difficult to figure out whats going on sometime or if the charm is still on or not if you are using it as a means of ccing.

ohnoez1
10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I think there is actually a fundamental problem with what's happening when an NPC is charmed (which has symptoms like not bringing up the pet window, for example); the charmed NPC is not acting like a pet except to the extent that it responds to its master being damaged, and to certain pet commands.

For example:
F1 will not target the pet, but F8 will (it should not target friendly targets).

I'm not sure what implementation would look like... especially because I'm no where near the level of getting into the very impressive coding that the entire EQEmu team has put together. But it seems that charms need to actually change the type of creature to a pet of the caster, and communicate that the change has occurred to the client.