PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, do quests work?

bot403
06-09-2002, 03:44 PM
Ok i have poured about 6 hours total into figuring out quests, but they just dont seem to work. Please tell me, do quests work in Linux. I WANT A FIRSTHAND ANSWER. Don't say yes unless you have tested the scripts in linux and have seen a quest work on a linux server. I have tried everything i can think of including looking a the source trying to get it to work and nothing prevails.

TheClaus
06-10-2002, 01:13 AM
I looked bot and even after I changed my quests to Quests like it showed in the source it still won't work. It is suppose to do the following

#ifdef WIN32
snprintf(filename, 254, "Quests\\%i.qst", npc_id);
#else
snprintf(filename, 254, "Quests/%i.qst", npc_id);
#endif

if (pFile = fopen ( filename , "rb" )) {
printf("Reading quests from %s\n", filename);
}
else {
//printf("Error: No quests file found for %s\n", zonename);
return;

But when looking at the logs it doesn't say anything like that in world or zone.

bot403
06-10-2002, 08:50 AM
true....very true...thanks

Lurker_005
06-10-2002, 12:16 PM
I doubt this is it, but be sure to check the permisions on the quests dir and files. You never know, perhaps you got it set to something odd.

bot403
06-11-2002, 12:59 AM
chmod 777 usually will let you know right away if it is perms...its not :(
i also have symlinks from quest Quest quests all to Quests just incase. I looked at the source and it lookds for Quests/(npcid).qst....so i think ive covered all possibilities, but its just Quests.... i even recompiles changing Quests/%i.qst to ./Quests/%i.qst...to no avail,....nothing even shows up in the logs about quests like all though print statements should make it look. That is the entire Wesquests.cpp doesnt even seem to be used.

TheClaus
06-11-2002, 01:58 AM
Well I was going to setup a windows box and do some internal testin but minilogin is not right. I don't want to use public login though so I will have to throw it out on the eqemu login server and see what happens. If it works in windows then something is wrong.

stormgod
06-11-2002, 02:40 AM
which file is supposed to call Wesquest ? could be there if the win32def was searching for the right thing and the linux one not .I suppose it should be in client .cpp and I will try to look in it today