PDA

View Full Version : Announcement - Project Restart

Kayot
06-12-2007, 04:28 AM
After much deliberation, I have decided to restart my (For now on, The) Editor.

Reason: Recently I started an open source version of an editor that mimics mine. After redesigning the program from scratch it suddenly occurred to me that I can do so much better now. With all my new knowledge I am writing designs with more direction. Self checking controls, Functions, and my personal favorite, SQL sub/functions that reduce a huge amount of code in a simple method.

What will happen: I'm announcing the creation of two trunks, the open source project, and the closed source project. The open source is what this board will see. The closed source editor is more like a private app for myself. Chances are the open source project will exceed the private app in design as any thing I finish in the private app will be added to the open source app.

Registration: Right now we are accepting people into the open source project. If you wish to apply you must have at lease 70 posts (relevant) on this board. I feel this will help filter out 'give me credit' people who simply want a stake to claim. We need people with ideas. VB.NET skills will really help as that is the language we are using. Ability to read documentation is another plus as I am trying to make documentation on all the special functions and commands. It would also help to know some SQL, at least the basics. I do have some e-books that could help, however the archive is 16GB and requires access to an ftp server.

Finally: I think it would be best to put all the available files here in a single post. As such, I'll be making a locked post with all the releases.

This has required a lot of thought as I did a lot of work on the original, and it is very hard to relinquish full control. I feel however that the project will benefit more than it will suffer from this. If you are interested in joining send me a PM with your qualifications. Also a side note, I believe that this project can be added to a resume, so it does benefit to join if your a programmer looking for a job.