PDA

View Full Version : Eq login Bug

halfalive123
06-21-2007, 09:40 AM
ive seen this damn so many times and its getting pretty annoying im sorta new to EQemu forums but still to day at around 530 est i tried to log in 60 yes 60 times but this stupid message came up

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o95/bubblessteelheart/EQbug.jpg

and i am sick and tired of it is there a quick fix to it or any one kno a way to stop it?

Irreverent
06-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Well this is a 3 mo old issue that has 1000's of posts, but no fixes. I REALLY HATE it as well.

There has been a lot of speculations, but no real answers.
-change your refreshrate from 0 to 60 in your eqclient.ini
-it has something to do with a survey that soe does sometimes, that obviously the client innitiates?(what?!)
-if you put a pear on your head, eat peanut butter, and say "booga booga booga" it will go away on your next login. If that didn't work, try molasses next

techguy84
06-22-2007, 05:57 PM
-if you put a pear on your head, eat peanut butter, and say "booga booga booga" it will go away on your next login. If that didn't work, try molasses next

Hahaha, good one.

halfalive123
06-25-2007, 07:47 AM
lol ive had ppl say to do stuff like that and som ive tried... =p

Militedes
02-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I had this same issue. Is your resolution set high on windows? if so, lower it to something like 1024x768, something that EQ can handle, then try running EQ, should fix it.

80083r
02-19-2008, 03:20 PM
I had this same issue. Is your resolution set high on windows? if so, lower it to something like 1024x768, something that EQ can handle, then try running EQ, should fix it.
Usually if the issue is a video mode incompatibility, you won't get as far as the login, it'll crash before you see any screen, when it tries to switch modes.

I think this one is something else. And I'm pretty sure it's been fixed.

Also - this thread is a year old, I'm only posting this because I've had the video issue twice and when I forget how to fix it, I can never find the solution.

Angelox
02-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Here is a couple reasons I can remember; one was solved by replacing some video card related files in the client directory. Thing is, I can't remember which files they were or where I found this solution. The problem occurs when the files get corrupted, could be you put in a new video card or updated drivers.
I also had this problem with an un-supported UI i had installed.

EDIT;
I think what I had to do was replace certain files off a back up or original install of titanium , such as the /rendereffects directory

Griste
02-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Ok mine is just weird... my gives me that error right after i press enter when i type my password in... it doesnt give me ANY server list or whatever... it just gives me the error then closes... anyone help?